New Resort

worldtraveler

I've got a bit of a problem, but planning a trip to the world can mean it is only a good problem, right? Well, I need some ideas on where to stay for one night on November 8th. We are arriving that day for a week stay, but we already have ressies for the Poly starting on the 9th. We need one night of lodging, so I figured why not stay somewhere new. I'm not sure where to start, go with either of the POR resorts or another deluxe. Price is somewhat of an issue, so nothing too extreme. The group I'm traveling with has only stayed deluxe. Any tips, any resort would be helpful. Thanks.

worldtraveler

Original Poster
Well, I am a big golf fan, so I'm thinking of hitting up the golf tournament. Got a free voucher in the mail, so I figured I would put it to good use. I've never thought about Carribean Beach, idk why.

Upvote 0

maryszhi

I've got a bit of a problem, but planning a trip to the world can mean it is only a good problem, right? Well, I need some ideas on where to stay for one night on November 8th. We are arriving that day for a week stay, but we already have ressies for the Poly starting on the 9th. We need one night of lodging, so I figured why not stay somewhere new. I'm not sure where to start, go with either of the POR resorts or another deluxe. Price is somewhat of an issue, so nothing too extreme. The group I'm traveling with has only stayed deluxe. Any tips, any resort would be helpful. Thanks.
since it is only one night i would say pop century. but to make it easier, would you consider adding one night to your existing reservation?

Upvote 0

worldtraveler

Original Poster
I did think about it, but i figured I would take this opportunity to try out a new resort. I love the Poly and have a tough time getting away from them. I know loads of people who swear by pop, I think I may stay there on my solo trip as I will be the one paying for it instead of just planning it.

Upvote 0

dopeylover

I'm a huge POR fan, but maybe try AoA if price is a concern? It's brand new and budget friendly. But I would also suggest POR, and catching the ferry to DTD.

Upvote 0

ParentsOf4

Since you're at the Poly, perhaps consider something besides a Monorail Resort. Some rates for November 8:
  • Boardwalk Inn (water view): $401
  • Wilderness Lodge: $335
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge: $257
  • Port Orleans French Quarter: $191
  • Coronado Springs Resort: $157
  • Port Orleans Riverside: $152
I like all these resorts. The Boardwalk could be a blast if you are traveling with a group of adults. AKL is tempting at $257, could be a very different experience. At $152, POR would tempt me!

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

Since you like Deluxe but want to be budget conscious for the one night add-on, I would highly recommend checking prices at the Dolphin and the Swan. These are Deluxe accommodations at a moderate price. Much nicer rooms than the higher priced Boardwalk Inn. And you can still walk to Epcot and the Studios parks!

Upvote 0

worldtraveler

Original Poster
Thank you all for your opinions, much appreciation. Do the dolphin and swan participate in dme? We are definitely renting a car for the wine and dine half marathon, but would open to renting it for a longer time. I'm ashamed to admit this, but I have never been to the boardwalk. Need to eliminate that from my list next time i'm down there.

Upvote 0

luv

I hate switching hotels and would just go to the Poly and settle in, but I can see wanting to do a night somewhere else.

AKL is on the cheap side for Deluxes and probably my favorite. Beach Club isn't cheap, but is a very different experience than the Poly will be.

CBR, for a mod, is a nice change of pace from the Poly. And for one day, the rooms look cute. :) By day 2, I am starting to really not like the room and after three or four days, I start to hate the rooms there. So, one day there is, IMO, the perfect amount of time.

Upvote 0

LarryMorris

I'd do something like carribean beach resort and hang at the pool.
a93.jpg

Upvote 0

ParentsOf4

Boardwalk Inn without a doubt. The water view as suggested by ParentsOf4 is nice, but it's fine with just a standard view.
I prefer the normally less expensive Standard View as well. Unfortunately, the "Room Only" discount is available for the Water View only, making it less expensive than the non-discounted Standard View.

The Swan and Dolphin are considerably less expensive and offer many of the same advantages of the other Epcot Resorts. However, these did not seem to have any availability for November 8. The Swan & Dolphin do not participate in DME.

At this point, the Boardwalk Water View with "Room Only" discount is the least expensive option at the Epcot Resorts. Staying at one of the Epcot Resorts can be a blast. With 5 resorts nearby, the Boardwalk entertainment, the lake rentals, miniature golf, and Epcot & DHS within walking distance, it feels like you're in the middle of so much.

Upvote 0

DisneyAubs

If your group is used to Deluxe, I would not stay at Caribbean. The resort is beautiful, but I don' t feel like the rooms are anything close to a Deluxe. Also, it is the only mod resort that still has full beds rather than queen.

I would suggest Port Orleans French Quarter. It is a mod, so it will save you money. It is gorgeous--both the atmosphere of the grounds and the rooms (last year's refurb made the rooms so nice!). It is small and intimate, especially compared to the other moderates. And you can take the boat to DTD, which would be a good thing to do since you guys won't be in the parks that day.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

Its a bit of a pain in the but to pack up and move from all resorts, as we have done this. Have you thought about a garden wing room at contemporary? it's the cheapest of all the deluxes, but it has everything that all deluxes have. Now you are still on the monorail loop, close to the golf course, and a quick ride away to the POLY. You could even leave your luggage at the POLY and just take a night bag to CR, this would save a lot of hassle of lugging stuff around.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom