News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

BrianLo

Haven’t seen this reported.

A fitness centre has been confirmed. Also outdoor viewing platforms with views to MK.

Also units on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 7th & 9th (penthouse level) have been declared. No info yet on sales.

Also nice affirmation for an indoor/outdoor main level TS restaurant, with a bar probably also serving the pool.

Screen Shot 2024-08-03 at 4.18.32 PM.png

splah

I like Aulani a lot, but the rooms are starting to stand out. As earlier 2000’s. These are still the original design, though they’ve seen a soft refurb, they are clearly out of style. (Which is not an indictment, just a notation).

Now, the building exterior itself is far superior. But the bathrooms use a lot of black and brass and that’s really starting to date them. I assume there will be much more of a Poly Tower convergence when these have their hard goods refurb in a few years.

It’s also silly with the insistence of how these new rooms are ‘economic/cheap’. They don’t look cheap… just muted style choices.

The problem I have with the new rooms is that they’re cool and muted colors. Although the aulani rooms do start to look dated I like that they are warm and saturated.

I dislike the muted colors and semi matte flat finishes. Personally I enjoy being in a warm palette room than cool

BrianLo

I don’t think there’s been confirmation that it’s a TS restaurant. It could be QS like Primo Platto at Riviera. Or Geyser Point.

I actually don’t understand Disney’s definitions I must admit! I ordered food from a menu at a table at Geyser point. But I see it is indeed a quick service. I thought quick services required walking up to a kiosk or service window.

I actually hope this restaraunt at Poly is like geyser point.

nickys

Premium Member
I actually don’t understand Disney’s definitions I must admit! I ordered food from a menu at a table at Geyser point. But I see it is indeed a quick service. I thought quick services required walking up to a kiosk or service window.

Geyser Point is more like a hybrid. But it doesn’t take reservations so it’s counted as a QS. 🙅‍♀️

peter11435

Geyser Point is both. There is a walk up quick service window and a table service option with a server operated similar to other lounges across property. They each offer similar but slightly different menu options

etc98

I’m curious at what point the will start on the weird tree like structure outside the main lobby. It’s appeared in every piece of concept art, but it doesn’t seem like they’ve done any work to support it yet. Maybe it’s freestanding and so they can just drop it in place? But it looks like it’s built around the existing column, so that wouldn’t necessarily make sense

From the concept art:
IMG_3070.jpeg
IMG_3071.jpeg

This is where I’d expect some signs of it, but nothing so far
IMG_3068.jpeg

Fun fact, in the original concept art, there was a second floor balcony with seating under that canopy, so it looks like they may have planned another restaurant/bar/lounge that was cancelled. What’s funny is in the interior, there’s still a bridge to nothing that probably would have originally gone to that balcony

flyerjab

Unfortunately, I’m not on cash rates there! Though I’d eat at the four seasons for sure.
We were just at Aulani last week for our first trip. That resort is spectacular. Your one comment about the rooms being a bit dated holds true, but they are still nice. They also have screen doors, something my wife and I loved!

We ate at Mina’s Fish House one night, which is the Four Seasons more expensive restaurant. We were not nearly as impressed with it as we were with Ama Ama. That restaurant was a true experience.

I will say that I had a discussion one time with a travel agent regarding Disney Deluxe resorts and the Orlando Four Seasons. They stated that Four Seasons resorts fall into the luxury class as oppressed to deluxe. They also stated that if the Four Seasons was located where the Grand Floridian is that their rooms would be so much more than their current price point, meaning location, location location.

TrojanUSC

We ate at Mina’s Fish House one night, which is the Four Seasons more expensive restaurant. We were not nearly as impressed with it as we were with Ama Ama.
Of the two dinner restaurants, Mina's Fish House is supposed to be the more casual option. Noe, the Italian restaurant, is their "signature" offering.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Of the two dinner restaurants, Mina's Fish House is supposed to be the more casual option. Noe, the Italian restaurant, is their "signature" offering.
Eh? We were talking about Geyser Point at WL. Where are these restaurants you mentioned?

Edit: ah, we were OT somewhat with Geyser Point.😂 Are you talking about the Poly Tower? I hadn’t seen anything about specific restaurants there.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Eh? Where are these restaurants you mentioned?

Are you talking about the Poly Tower? I hadn’t seen anything about specific restaurants there.
@nickys you missed these two posts above. The discussion was about Aulani and Four Seasons Ko Olina.

We were just at Aulani last week for our first trip. That resort is spectacular. Your one comment about the rooms being a bit dated holds true, but they are still nice. They also have screen doors, something my wife and I loved!

We ate at Mina’s Fish House one night, which is the Four Seasons more expensive restaurant. We were not nearly as impressed with it as we were with Ama Ama. That restaurant was a true experience.

lazyboy97o

I’m curious at what point the will start on the weird tree like structure outside the main lobby. It’s appeared in every piece of concept art, but it doesn’t seem like they’ve done any work to support it yet. Maybe it’s freestanding and so they can just drop it in place? But it looks like it’s built around the existing column, so that wouldn’t necessarily make sense
It doesn’t look like something that would require its own separate structure.

What didn't make sense to me at first was a sign that said TSR RR Men and TSR RR Women. That's a long name just for a restroom area 😂
When there are multiple similar types of rooms it can be helpful to have unique names to help keep track of them. There are a lot of spreadsheets involved in designing and building a building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom