News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Bocabear

Trader Sam's is wonderful... Trader Sam's Grog Grotto is fun but they really made it too small...way too small. It should have been a Trader Sam's restaurant and lounge with the Grog Grotto being about twice the size and an adults only lounge....and the restaurant roughly the size of Kona.... It should have all been themed with lots of special effects and funb....It would have been full all the time....and the lounge with twice as many seats would have also always been full... Not sure what they were thinking.....Especially after seeing the success of the West Coast version....

BrianLo

You know, for the price... I wish the Aulani rooms looked a bit more luxe.

View attachment 806132

I love how the resort looks, but the rooms don't inspire me to book a stay, not at that price.

Of course, I wouldn't pay the price for any of the MK resort loop hotels, but I much prefer the look of the new DVC rooms. They look luxe.

I like Aulani a lot, but the rooms are starting to stand out. As earlier 2000’s. These are still the original design, though they’ve seen a soft refurb, they are clearly out of style. (Which is not an indictment, just a notation).

Now, the building exterior itself is far superior. But the bathrooms use a lot of black and brass and that’s really starting to date them. I assume there will be much more of a Poly Tower convergence when these have their hard goods refurb in a few years.

It’s also silly with the insistence of how these new rooms are ‘economic/cheap’. They don’t look cheap… just muted style choices.

Disney Analyst

I like Aulani a lot, but the rooms are starting to stand out. As earlier 2000’s. These are still the original design, though they’ve seen a soft refurb, they are clearly out of style. (Which is not an indictment, just a notation).

Now, the building exterior itself is far superior. But the bathrooms use a lot of black and brass and that’s really starting to date them. I assume there will be much more of a Poly Tower convergence when these have their hard goods refurb in a few years.

It’s also silly with the insistence of how these new rooms are ‘economic/cheap’. They don’t look cheap… just muted style choices.

Obviously everyone has their own taste, and it’s all valid, but I can say these current hotel room designs (new DVC at Disneyland, Poly, refurbed rooms in general), are far more my style and taste. Modern, clean, bright, and a nice use of thematic touches or Disney, without being over the top or garish.

TrojanUSC

Next time you're there spend a night at the Four Seasons and a night at Aulani. They're often about the same price point. The difference in level of service and quality is astounding.

DisneyHead123

Me at home: Oh, you know, my style is very natural. I love to see elements from nature like wood and stone. Less is more. I can't relax with too much going on. I want to see open and sunlit spaces.

Me at Disney: Yeah I'm going to need to sleep in a giant pair of Mickey hands cradling me as I drift off to dreamland. Thnx.

Seriously though, it will be interesting to see what direction they go with the theming. I think there is increasing interest in the Asian parks, where hotels are themed beyond anything we have here. Honestly I wish we had at least one resort themed to those levels. There may well be a market for more natural, upscale theming with Disney "touches" here and there. And traditional theming has often been for specific places but not IP specific (Port Orleans, Poly, AKL, etc.) It seems like the question of "How much theming, what kind of themes?" has been coming up in various places recently.

BrianLo

Next time you're there spend a night at the Four Seasons and a night at Aulani. They're often about the same price point. The difference in level of service and quality is astounding.

Unfortunately, I’m not on cash rates there! Though I’d eat at the four seasons for sure.

nickys

Premium Member
Haven’t seen this reported.

A fitness centre has been confirmed. Also outdoor viewing platforms with views to MK.

Also units on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 7th & 9th (penthouse level) have been declared. No info yet on sales.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom