News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Beacon Joe

I know this was posted earlier, but I'm too lazy to scroll through 160-odd pages. Can somebody post the site plan for the towers' parking lot?

On a possibly related note, what's all the construction for along Floridian Way, directly across from the tower site? Is that parking? Infrastructure?

James Alucobond

I know this was posted earlier, but I'm too lazy to scroll through 160-odd pages. Can somebody post the site plan for the towers' parking lot?

On a possibly related note, what's all the construction for along Floridian Way, directly across from the tower site? Is that parking? Infrastructure?
I referenced the plans here to highlight the pathway around the tower, but it shows the parking layout as well.

PG 134

Post has a link to download PDF file.
Skip to page 21 for image of Seven Seas meets Floridian Way.
Skip to page 73 for images of Floridian way from Seven Seas to north of Grand Floridian resort.
The PDF cover page gives a date of March 15, 2023 so some changes may have been made but that is core of what road construction you are seeing.

Beacon Joe

Post has a link to download PDF file.
Skip to page 21 for image of Seven Seas meets Floridian Way.
Skip to page 73 for images of Floridian way from Seven Seas to north of Grand Floridian resort.
The PDF cover page gives a date of March 15, 2023 so some changes may have been made but that is core of what road construction you are seeing.
Thanks!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Photos of these images were shared earlier from the display at D23, but here are the concept renderings for what is being referred to as Moana's Voyage and Wailulu Bar & Grill outdoor dining:

Moanas Voyage.jpg
Wailulu Bar Grill.jpg

Last edited:

DisneyHead123

I’m honestly not really sure what your complaint is here
I assume this poster is referencing the lack of fun features seen at many splash pads (slides, water buckets, water cannons, etc.)

That said, if I remember correctly the Bay Lake “splash pad” was similar to this. Hit or miss for kids (sometimes they might find great fun in water fountains, sometimes kids above toddler age totally ignore them,) but in keeping with what that DVC offers by way of splash pad. If I were paying Poly DVC prices I’d want at least a slide, but that’s just me.

BrianLo

Photos of these images were shared earlier from the display at D23, but here are the concept renderings for what is being referred to as Moana's Voyage and Wailulu Bar & Grill outdoor dining:

View attachment 810816

You can also see in the concept image there is going to be essentially an infinity water feature built into the restaurant. Guests are sitting below the water line.

It seems there is growing consensus the restaurant is at least a success.

C33Mom

I assume this poster is referencing the lack of fun features seen at many splash pads (slides, water buckets, water cannons, etc.)

That said, if I remember correctly the Bay Lake “splash pad” was similar to this. Hit or miss for kids (sometimes they might find great fun in water fountains, sometimes kids above toddler age totally ignore them,) but in keeping with what that DVC offers by way of splash pad. If I were paying Poly DVC prices I’d want at least a slide, but that’s just me.
My kids have (thankfully) outgrown splash pad age, but my concern is that in addition to a lack of slides, buckets, cannons, etc, there are things that look like attractive hazards— you have a big slippery surface and then some poles and ropes that bored kids may try to climb, hang from, etc. — where are the lawyers and the insurance adjusters on this one?

Bocabear

Waterfalls....everyone loves waterfalls.... A Polynesian pool with no waterfall is a letdown... even for a kids play area.... I like the infinity edge on the restaurant, but I miss the old Poly before they ripped out the back water features for a useless "Event Lawn"...Disney used to do beautiful running streams and creeks as part of area theming...Even Frontierland had one next to the Shooting Gallery... It would have been nice to have seen some "natural" water features built into this new addition....From what I have seen the pl for the tower will just be a pool...nothing special or interesting....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom