News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

castlecake2.0

Although not happy with the current design on the outside, I am liking the idea of how this might create a more exciting walk along the seven seas lagoon. Leaving MK you have a really nice stroll with shopping and dining options along the way if this adds ground level dining options. Almost like a Boardwalk vibe. I could get on board with that. However I still think the outside does a total disservice to its setting.

Ayla

What's even more horrible is they already had a design that would have fit better. All they had to do was scale it down.
This is the Aulani DVC resort in Hawaii.
bGFuaS5qcGc
Maybe no one working on the project bothered to point this out? 🤷‍♀️ 😎

Sir_Cliff

What's even more horrible is they already had a design that would have fit better. All they had to do was scale it down.
This is the Aulani DVC resort in Hawaii.
bGFuaS5qcGc
Let's face it, the Disney that built hotels like that & DAK Lodge doesn't exist anymore. Can anyone imagine something like this being approved at WDW today?

This seems like a glimpse into what their real estate developments will look like, at any rate.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Am I allowed to think that the DVC is one of the chief reasons for Disney’s decline, and that members, while mostly excellent folks, may not have made the wisest choice as it pertains to the continued excellence of the resort they apparently love?
…they got stupid. About the easiest way I can state it. Pre 2010 DVC is vastly different than post

Casper Gutman

The blessing of size. The longer the idiot in chief keeps making mistakes the sooner he might be gone.

Sadly we have to live with his mistakes.
He’s making some very big mistakes in areas that Wall Street actually cares about (unlike theme parks). It’s a reminder that Iger may have cared little for the parks but he was a good film studio head. And whether Chapek likes it or not, presidential politics are going to drag Disney into the national political spotlight and give Bob plenty of new opportunities for high-profile stumbles.

Sir_Cliff

He’s making some very big mistakes in areas that Wall Street actually cares about (unlike theme parks). It’s a reminder that Iger may have cared little for the parks but he was a good film studio head. And whether Chapek likes it or not, presidential politics are going to drag Disney into the national political spotlight and give Bob plenty of new opportunities for high-profile stumbles.
Iger at least was good at some parts of the job. He was also very shrewd and understood the importance of managing the narrative. Chapek is increasingly seeming like someone who has been promoted way above his capabilities. It's becoming obvious enough that you get the impression there aren't many within the company are interested in covering for him, starting with his communications team.

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
Remember
The general public has the attention span of a goldfish. So long as Bob is delivering the quarterlies and maintaining growth, he can stumble all he wants on the public stage.

Casper Gutman

Remember

The general public has the attention span of a goldfish. So long as Bob is delivering the quarterlies and maintaining growth, he can stumble all he wants on the public stage.
If those stumbles become more high profile and start to publicly alienate powerful folks at Pixar, Disney Animation, or (the apocalyptic scenario) Marvel, things will get very bad very fast. In a showdown between Bob and Feige, who wins? I think we’ve already gotten a pretty big hint with the Johansson mess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom