News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm already mourning the loss of the pristine, quiet grounds and beautiful tropical trees and landscaping I loved to stroll around walking to the GF. The extra green space was necessary buffer. To lose it will make it so much more uninviting, crowded, and unpleasant.

Nah, they just want to be authentic ;)

image.jpeg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Then Disney makes it an exclusive DVC resort park and the average joe is locked out
Won’t be magic kingdom though…DVC ain’t loading up on that “food” 🤮
Same cadence as VGF2.
It’s possible. Whatever people will fall for…they’ll do.

I’m done blaming Disney for tactics. It’s not their fault. Starting to admire it in a Rasputin Sorta way

DonaldDoleWhip

I'm sure the interior will be solid and the rooms will impress. I'm sure people will enjoy new dining options (Poly could use something upscale) and amenities. To be fair, all of the new towers have done a good job offering modern, comfortable interiors.

But part of the allure of the Seven Seas Lagoon has been chipped away with each towering/boxy structure that's been added. In the past, the monorail resorts each occupied their own distinct space, and even some of the unbuilt plans (e.g. Venetian or Mediterranean) would have beautifully maintained that.

Now, the lagoon is increasingly cluttered and discordant, bringing down the area from 'magical escape' to something almost Vegas-lite. I'm disappointed they're doubling down on this approach, but can't blame them as it seems to be working.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom