News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Calmdownnow

I can’t imagine what these will cost.

I‘ll gladly just stay at the huge studios at the opposite end of the resort.
Unless the "huge" studios are a different booking category and possibly different points, you will stay in the dvc room you are allocated. That's how it works -- you can request, but it doesn't have to be honored. If I was selling DVC points, as long as points are unsold and that inventory can be sold legitimately by Disney Resort, I would be ensuring that people who are paying cash but may commit to a DVC purchase as a result get the big rooms and the members get the rest. It's a business, right?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Unless the "huge" studios are a different booking category and possibly different points, you will stay in the dvc room you are allocated. That's how it works -- you can request, but it doesn't have to be honored. If I was selling DVC points, as long as points are unsold and that inventory can be sold legitimately by Disney Resort, I would be ensuring that people who are paying cash but may commit to a DVC purchase as a result get the big rooms and the members get the rest. It's a business, right?
…ummm…interesting take on how a 30 year old timeshare works👍🏻

Gringrinngghost

train-tunnel.gif

Just am gonna wait for them to start to bill it more like an MLM

Calmdownnow

…ummm…interesting take on how a 30 year old timeshare works👍🏻
I am assuming that the values that drove the original timeshare -- like the values that drove earlier resorts and the parks -- are no longer aligned. Some DVC members ( I am former, not current) have for several years noted some decision-making that seemed to be more about making Disney money than benefiting members. Re-classification of SSR rooms and the incorporation of the tree-houses, the massive distortion of poly points due to so many bungalows (which always seem available on the cash market, whilst studios are next to impossible to book) and the ever present (pre-pandemic) non-member Brits paying for discounted cash rooms at OKW, SSR, and AKL

Prince-1

It doesn't "fit" at all though...it is completely different than the rest of the resort... It is a nice modern looking hotel building...
It has no discernable theme at all.
unless by "fit" you meant is there room for it...and yes there is.

Fits just fine boca. It‘s going to be a great addition to Poly.

rle4lunch

Well if I ever want to sell my poly points I know I'll make some sweet profits in 2025 after they lower the initial buy in and then jack it up though the roof for January 2026.

UNCgolf

What's in the far right of the concept art? It looks like a Skyliner gondola going through the building.

That can't possibly be what it is, but I can't figure out what it's supposed to be.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Yep, that. That must be a higher resolution version of the concept art because it's much clearer than what I was looking at.

Very obviously not a Skyliner gondola (I knew it couldn't be anyways), but still not entirely sure what that is.
I don’t know how to post the full resolution picture without it automatically being downscaled. But yes, I have a higher res version.

Edit: here try this, you should be able to pinch and zoom on mobile

UNCgolf

I don’t know how to post the full resolution picture without it automatically being downscaled. But yes, I have a higher res version.

Any idea what it is? Everything I can think of that would normally be in roughly that shape doesn't really make sense because of both the location and the overall size.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom