News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

Naplesgolfer

I believe that as it stands the plans are to only use the interior dome space for the new features. Body Wars area and Cranium Command area seem to not be used as off the current plans
I think Disney has other functions/Back stage operations in the Body Wars ride building. I have seen Run Disney photos showing they added a lot of windows and some entrances to the back side. The people within side knowledge may be able to clarify.

DreamfinderGuy

Is the Play Pavilion going to utilize the old Body Wars show building area at all? I don't think it will if I understand correctly. If not, is the pavilion set up in a way that in the future a new ride could be put into that space and accessed? In other words, did the designers here at least leave open the possibility of expansion to include a proper ride in this space if down the road TDO is willing to fund it?
I don’t believe they have any interest in expanding Play. From what we’ve heard it seems like a temporary band aid to justify fixing Wonders’ structural issues. If the Body Wars and Cranium Command spaces ever get used for guests again it’ll most likely be for a whole different pavilion.
I think Disney has other functions/Back stage operations in the Body Wars ride building. I have seen Run Disney photos showing they added a lot of windows and some entrances to the back side. The people within side knowledge may be able to clarify.
Any you could find and share by any chance? I know they poked some holes in the outermost bay wall but I haven’t seen anything else.

FigmentFan82

I don’t believe they have any interest in expanding Play. From what we’ve heard it seems like a temporary band aid to justify fixing Wonders’ structural issues. If the Body Wars and Cranium Command spaces ever get used for guests again it’ll most likely be for a whole different pavilion.
Your best guess or based on something?

dreday3

This is not close to being done, correct? Or the fountain?

Help me for October - what will be ready is the new entrance, the lights on Spaceship Earth, Creation store, the cool club or club cool soda place, Harmonious and Ratatouille?

Everything else is still a work in progress?

DreamfinderGuy

Your best guess or based on something?
0F8FB36C-A35E-4C35-8111-E4ECECF1146A.jpeg

Naplesgolfer

Any you could find and share by any chance? I know they poked some holes in the outermost bay wall but I haven’t seen anything else.
This is close to what I remember seeing. They added a new raised slat like skin on half the building and what looks like window openings. I could be totally wrong but this is what I remember seeing.

Attachments

• Latest Aerial Look at PLAY! Pavilion Construction and New Pathways Constructed.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 237

DreamfinderGuy

This is close to what I remember seeing. They added a new raised slat like skin on half the building and what looks like window openings. I could be totally wrong but this is what I remember seeing.
Oh, interesting! The one on the lounge has always been there but the one on the sim bay is new. That whole area was a big empty room from ground to ceiling, so the addition of a seemingly random window would suggest they're at the minimum adding a new floor parallel to the 3rd level of the rest of the pavilion in the simulator bays. All guest facing areas of Body Wars are on the second level, so I'm curious to know what's happening there.

DoleWhipDrea

So uh...

...when the hecc is this opening

Nothing is officially confirmed. Encouraging kids to touch things in a play area is not something Disney is comfortable risking right now when the little ones can't get vaccinated and delta is getting pretty bad.

If things get under control and children can be vaccinated, I'd imagine the internal target is to open it alongside GotG:CR (sometime in 2022) to be something for the younger set to enjoy on that side of the park. If WDI doesn't run into any major delays, I'm thinking maybe Spring?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom