News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

muddyrivers

A derivative of, yes. Nat Geo were touted as possible sponsors.

I think a weather based pavilion along with Nat Geo as sponsors (before they were purchased by Disney of course) would have been pretty cool. Definitely continuing with the original edutainment theme of EPCOT. Although it may have been seen as too similar to the Land to justify being its own pavilion. Ah well, it never left the drawing board anyway.

Chris767

One was an unspecified and preferable E inside the existing building. One was a replacement building with a standup FoP ride system.

I wonder what kind of an E could go in this building. I remember hearing something about a Thunder Mountain like coaster but that may have just applied to the Guardians coaster next door

FigmentFan82

FigmentFan82

This is far below the skylights.
1597174374987.png

build_it

If I was venturing a guess as to why - I wouldn't bet that it has anything to do with the inside sets/etc. I would bet that they are taking the opportunity to replace the entire dome roof. The seals between those triangular panels would be getting fairly old and replacing them now would make sense.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
It could be like the monorail hallway at WDI...
From my understanding (of second hand info, so take it with a grain of salt), that is exactly what it will be. Just a bit more fancy and immersive. More effort put in so it doesn't feel like a hallway, but ultimately not much more than a neat Rainbow Tunnel style set piece for the pavilion. Something cool to walk through (possibly with some rumbling in the floor), but nothing to the level of being simulator ride.

It might have a short "show" that you stand and watch while the doors are closed to add an extra layer to it so it feels like more of an attraction itself. Or it might have the doors open and the "show" being a continuous loop as people walk through it so it feels like just one part of a larger experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom