News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

The Grand Inquisitor

Kman101

Nice. I'm still not a big fan of this. I still wish the wonders of life was brought back with a inside out re theme but this should be nice I guess. Like a next level Disney Animation Building that was at Hollywood Studios.

Same.

Not a huge fan of this but I'm OK with it because it moves all the random IP stuff into one building for kids. Done. I'm good with it. I'd like better ... but at least they seem to be continuing with this. They kinda have to.

I still would like to see the Animation building at DHS be restored. But they likely demo it in the future. It opens up that area by doing so.

The Grand Inquisitor

Same.

Not a huge fan of this but I'm OK with it because it moves all the random IP stuff into one building for kids. Done. I'm good with it. I'd like better ... but at least they seem to be continuing with this. They kinda have to.

I still would like to see the Animation building at DHS be restored. But they likely demo it in the future. It opens up that area by doing so.
I agree I would love to see it make a comeback at Hollywood Studios or even build it at Disney Springs to replace the NBA Experience and move the Walt Disney Presents props to it and make it a massive Disney Museum/ Experience.

Kman101

I agree I would love to see it make a comeback at Hollywood Studios or even build it at Disney Springs to replace the NBA Experience and move the Walt Disney Presents props to it and make it a massive Disney Museum/ Experience.

Yes! I love the latter idea. That's what I want the Animation Building in DHS (merge Walt Disney Presents into the Animation Building, but to be fair, it is attached to it ...) to be. I don't see why DHS couldn't keep Animation Experience (obviously they changed it to Launch Bay but I just don't think they utilize some of their buildings well). It seems like a no brainer to have in a park that still needs things to do. But I'll take it at Disney Springs too!

The Grand Inquisitor

Yes! I love the latter idea. That's what I want the Animation Building in DHS (merge Walt Disney Presents into the Animation Building, but to be fair, it is attached to it ...) to be. I don't see why DHS couldn't keep Animation Experience (obviously they changed it to Launch Bay but I just don't think they utilize some of their buildings well). It seems like a no brainer to have in a park that still needs things to do. But I'll take it at Disney Springs too!
I agree that would have been a great idea. It seems more likely Disney will now demo Animation Courtyard to build something else like a Monsters Inc land. It makes perfect sense for it to be at Disney Springs it would be extremely popular and way more popular than the NBA Experience.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Monday, July 20, 2020. Construction materials staged on roof of the building. Of course, this may have been there for some months.

IMG_3054.JPG

ppete1975

i think they will fix the outside just for upkeep to prevent leaks etc. But i cant see them spending much money or resources, this is the ultimate high touch, covid spread environment that they are avoiding. And who knows what the future for that type of environment holds.
we may never go back to that style of entertainment
we might get a vaccine and in a year some things return
or eventually the world gets used to the new norm and you get things wiped down between guests and meet and greets return

Brer Oswald

i think they will fix the outside just for upkeep to prevent leaks etc. But i cant see them spending much money or resources, this is the ultimate high touch, covid spread environment that they are avoiding. And who knows what the future for that type of environment holds.
we may never go back to that style of entertainment
we might get a vaccine and in a year some things return
or eventually the world gets used to the new norm and you get things wiped down between guests and meet and greets return
I wouldn’t mind if they waited and went back to the drawing board on this Pavilion. Most of it looked like Wii era tech. I have that at home, with none of the extra germs!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom