News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Just to illustrate why we are hating on IP (i.e. movie characters):

We could be getting:
👎Play! will be using the latest VR/AR tech that is updated annually and introduce new EPCOT characters, original stories, and original music by contemporary composers you'll be listening to for decades bringing back fun memories.

But most likely it will be:
👍Play! will use tech that is already outdated, will be frustrating to use, and in some cases actually be last year's Xbox or Playstation. Movie characters will laugh and dance to all your favorite Disney movie soundtracks.

And that's why EPCOT fans are a little grumpy.
As an EPCOT fan, (and a major WOL fan), I'm honestly kind of happy with what is going on there.

Brer Oswald

They....... they are literally holding Wii remotes.....

This is just a mini game from Mario Party 9, which I’ve been able to play at home for 8 years now (and mind you, it isn’t very good)......

This is 12 year old tech....

😫 Why????

mightynine

Just to illustrate why we are hating on IP (i.e. movie characters):

We could be getting:
👎Play! will be using the latest VR/AR tech that is updated annually and introduce new EPCOT characters, original stories, and original music by contemporary composers you'll be listening to for decades bringing back fun memories.

But most likely it will be:
👍Play! will use tech that is already outdated, will be frustrating to use, and in some cases actually be last year's Xbox or Playstation. Movie characters will laugh and dance to all your favorite Disney movie soundtracks.

And that's why EPCOT fans are a little grumpy.

Bingo bango bongo. There are people here who don't seem to realize Disney was able to become the theme park powerhouse it is by not taking the easy way out.

Honestly this building seems to be adding some of the experiences you would have had at the original Epcot center with it being interactive and all.

Based on the concept art, we're getting to experience Disney Quest again. At least they'll have the decency to not charge extra for the Play! (wonder how it took to pick that name) pavilion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom