News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

brb1006

I forgot the logo for the Play can i see it again Please!
Bottom left corner
ECqEf7_UwAMvqEC.jpg:large

rreading

Did y'all see the end of that video posted above? Apparently the new fireworks show following Epcot Forever will have lots of Disney Music.... Great :confused:

Where else can we see a fireworks show like that?

trainplane3

Did y'all see the end of that video posted above? Apparently the new fireworks show following Epcot Forever will have lots of Disney Music.... Great :confused:

Where else can we see a fireworks show like that?
You missed the part where after it shows EF, it says "coming soon". Coming soon as in the IP show after EF.

Also, why is this being brought up in the Play pavilion thread?

This is coming across like a mini pavilion version of DisneyQuest to me.

The interactive stuff does seem cute for families, though more simplistic uses of tech than I originally envisioned.

GlacierGlacier

I'm getting Innoventions vibes, where it's a bunch of interactive exhibits crammed together into a space. The only difference is, the theme is Play and the setting is just every IP under the dome.

MrPromey

Eh, I hope its fun. And I'd rather concentrate the most blatant/misplaced intrusions of IP in Epcot into one place. With (most of) Innoventions and DisneyQuest disappearing, there is a void for this type of stuff. I'd like for it to not just be mindless, but not that hopefully.

Still, better than a shuttered building.

Couldn't agree more! Now if only they could move Frozen and the Front half of GOTG into this building! ;)

MrPromey

The water balloon fight in Steve’s article had me excited till I looked into it and realized it’s virtual. Goddammit Steve. That would’ve been the highlight of D23.

This whole thing remains remarkably out of place and feels like an area to shove away mandated ideas that don’t work elsewhere.

I agree but like doctornick pointed out, in this instance it'll be contained and in that capacity, I'm happy to have that over an empty pavilion.

They're not taking away anything we'll miss for this since what was there before is long-gone at least.

Kind of reminds me of New Fantasyland. The little mermaid ride is meh (at least relative to what the outside of the building would have you believe) and 7DMT is not the e-ticket we all thought it might end up being but they didn't close 20,000 leagues to put them there.

ThatMouse

Just to illustrate why we are hating on IP (i.e. movie characters):

We could be getting:
👎Play! will be using the latest VR/AR tech that is updated annually and introduce new EPCOT characters, original stories, and original music by contemporary composers you'll be listening to for decades bringing back fun memories.

But most likely it will be:
👍Play! will use tech that is already outdated, will be frustrating to use, and in some cases actually be last year's Xbox or Playstation. Movie characters will laugh and dance to all your favorite Disney movie soundtracks.

And that's why EPCOT fans are a little grumpy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom