News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

DreamfinderGuy

Do we know if the entrance ramp is being remodeled per the 2016 concept art or no? They took all the lights out the other day, so at the very least I’m expecting new custom lights

Dragonman

You know honestly it’s a shame they neglected to do anything with the Body Wars and Cranium Command areas. It could’ve been really cool to utilize them again but they’ve just decided to leave them abandoned even knowing they’re open targets for trespassers 🙃.

Last edited:

trainplane3

Temper your expectations. This will be a modest overlay of the current interior of the dome. Lots of cosmetic changes, but with the pathway and positioning layout of Wonders of Life - which will be fine for the target demographic.

Food and beverage will be a resurrected Pure and Simple. Three IP based “attractions” in the walk through / playground sense will be around the perimeter. There will be a simple stage show exhibit, reminiscent of the Goofy About Health / Anacomical Players set up.

The central area will be remodelled but remain the same rough layout.

Aside from a short switchback in and out of Frontiers of Medicine the Cranium and Simulator areas will not be utilised. And yes, I understand the ceiling windows will be covered for a projection effect on the interior dome.
Doubt it but will the mobile live on? Or is it being sent to the dumpster?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Temper your expectations. This will be a modest overlay of the current interior of the dome. Lots of cosmetic changes, but with the pathway and positioning layout of Wonders of Life - which will be fine for the target demographic.

Food and beverage will be a resurrected Pure and Simple. Three IP based “attractions” in the walk through / playground sense will be around the perimeter. There will be a simple stage show exhibit, reminiscent of the Goofy About Health / Anacomical Players set up.

Aside from a short switchback in and out of Frontiers of Medicine the Cranium and Simulator areas will not be utilised. And yes, I understand the ceiling windows will be covered for a projection effect on the interior dome.
Sounds about exactly like expected. A fun, decent, temporary thing to use empty space and entertain kids/families for the next 10 or so years while they deal with the reat of Epcot.

@marni1971 can you say if the black box dark ride was ever actually considered to be a part of this? Because I remember some people talking like it might have been.

Dragonman

Funny that they went through the effort of smashing the remaining Body Wars signage to pieces but won't be using the space for anything more than storage. Or maybe a cheap break room, who knows?

Was there any significant signage left? I know a few pieces were marked for the archives.

Kman101

You know honestly it’s a shame they neglected to do anything with the Body Wars and Cranium Command areas. It could’ve been really cool to utilize them again but they’ve just decided to leave them abandoned even knowing they’re open targets for trespassers 🙃.

Yep. Could have put Inside Out into Cranium Command (or a stage show of sorts) and something else (Big Hero 6?) in the Body Wars space (likely a meet and greet no doubt). Not sure if they could create enough space for a small dark ride or not, I'm not as familiar with the back areas of WOL at the moment (I'm off to refresh my memory). Really a shame they tore apart and removed the simulators a long time ago.

agentp99

Since they're not being used, does this mean those areas are just going to remain untouched then? Thought they started gutting them already a few months back

NateD1226

This can't be real....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom