News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I suppose they're really trying to keep costs down for this after GE and GotG... no repaint on exterior or reconfiguration of the pavilion entrance? Should I just go ahead and answer my own question with a "Pass"?
I think work was already being done on the extirrer of the building.

DreamfinderGuy

Via the Wonders page. Apparently the doors are locked tight, so I think Martin is right about no more urbexers.
F5EBCB3D-9D46-4323-86CF-3612E9F94C22.jpeg
34758838-798B-428D-8534-F110497F7EEB.jpeg
AE36FDF1-BCDB-4BCE-B211-BAAB8B30586A.jpeg

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
Who knows (...ok aside from Martin). There doesn't need to be a festival center for the festival. It's just nice to have all that merch and booze under a single roof.

I can't imagine they wouldn't build a new festival center (thinking that is the mystery box in concept art). As nice as it is to have the merch and booze in one place, it is even nicer for Disney.

HauntedMansionFLA

I think he means that F&W won't have a festival center for the time being. Also, he might be saying F&W won't be using the World Showplace either. Maybe Brazil is going where the World Showplace is??
World ShowPlace makes way to much money with all of the private events that are held there. There are other areas in world showcase where a new country could be built. I guess time will tell.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
World ShowPlace makes way to much money with all of the private events that are held there. There are other areas in world showcase where a new country could be built. I guess time will tell.
Well, that box seems huge in the concept art... maybe it serves the purpose of a festival center AND corporate events center?? I think Martin once called the Interventions West replacement "festival-y"

DreamfinderGuy

So, WDI is taking charge and throwing its weight around. Wonder if they'll throw all procedures out the window and just start removing stuff, like AAs, without informing the rest of the WDW power structure.
I know (or at least hope) that’s a joke, but the remaining stuff that archives wanted (that wasn’t stolen) has been removed. All of the signage is either gone or busted up now according to my source. Dome however still hasn’t been touched

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom