News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
No, it’s closed. There are theatres in the center that sink below the ground level for seating. Those theatres are being removed so just the sunk in flooring will remain
Firstly, dang, and next I didn’t know about the theaters. That is great and can’t wait to see what it’s all about.

Epcot_Imagineer

I know of no plans for that. The under construction BatB ride was a contender for France but Rat won.
Interesting, I don't think I had seen this before... I'd love a thread with info about locations where multiple attractions fought for a space at a point in time. I know the Wakanda Outpost idea was recently tossed around as a rumor for WoL, but I'm unsure of the validity of that.

Robbiem

Tokyo DisneySea is clearly Magic Kingdom 2.0 for that resort and everyone seems to praise it to high heavens. There's nothing wrong with the pattern of a MK type park as long as similar ones are given some unique qualities, high quality attractions and good placemaking.

The problem with Epcot going forward has nothing to do with being like Magic Kingdom (it's really nothing like it, so that's a silly complaint - having IPs doesn't make it like a castle park) but in lacking cohesive theming. It would be possible to add significant amount of IPs and still fit in well with the premise of the park.

I agree. Disneysea is a really good example of a complementary park which takes the magic Kingdom concept and does something a bit different with it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom