News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

nickys

Premium Member
Now it’s “out”....

The interior will be one huge IP driven playground. I’m aware of three core IPs. If all goes to plan one forum member in particular will be happy. Don’t think attractions as such. More like environments. Expect F&B to be added too. And digital interaction. Work should begin before the fall.

Inside Out
Big Hero 6
???

AJDMB05

Sounds like moving the concept of Communicore/Innoventions here then they can tear out most of the central buildings, leaving perhaps Mouse Gear and Starbucks.
To be fair they're not executing on the concept of Communicore/Innoventions anymore. I wonder, despite the calls of 'no attractions' for the new Play space, it does appear to my eyes as of last week that the Sum of all Thrills set pieces are still in-tact...

Tavernacle12

I don't hate this. I kind of hope once Guardians is open and SSE is re-opened the make classic logos for GOTG and Play to match the original Epcot Pavilion Logos. Otherwise they feel even more out of place than they already are (though I guess 'play' as a pavilion isn't terribly out of place all things considered).

JohnD

To be fair they're not executing on the concept of Communicore/Innoventions anymore. I wonder, despite the calls of 'no attractions' for the new Play space, it does appear to my eyes as of last week that the Sum of all Thrills set pieces are still in-tact...

It would seem generally while not precisely.

hpyhnt 1000

Based on what's been released, I don't hate this. Seems like it's basically going to be a large scale, centralized meet and greet space with some other minor entertainment. Depending on the theming and type of "interactive experiences" and activities, it may almost be a decent fit in the park. Time will tell...

I also can't help but notice how similar this all sounds to what Innoventions used to be.

Awakening

I think it would be a safe bet to assume the three big IP's are:

Inside Out
Wreck-It-Ralph
and Zootopia.

With various others (Frozen, Marie(!), Princesses, Mickey and Co.) scattered throughout.

In the back you can see Vanellope leading a dance/exercise.

Would be nice if the Zootopia simulator attraction for Shanghai could make it here. Not sure how much room it would need, but there was a simulator ride in this building before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom