News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

Surferboy567

I'd rather they just finish DuckTales and put money in the bank for a real Imagination refurb. So this wouldn't upset me much. It seemed more Dave & Buster's than WDW.
They had their shot to fix Imagination. We got a meet and greet.

I’m concerned that they may feel EPCOT is “fixed” now and not touch the park for another 5-10 years.

Would love for them to finish Ducktales and the spine as well.

Fear

This decision was apparently made at the retreat. Not sure how they would know that.

They put a bug on Josh at D23.

Edit: I'm waiting for Disney Parks Blog to write a hasty update saying "No, PLAY! is definitely still happening. How many times do we have to go over this with you people"

Last edited:

Phicinfan

I’m concerned that they may feel EPCOT is “fixed” now and not touch the park for another 5-10 years.

The Spine will be completed. My gut says Play and Mary Poppins are goners for good. I seriously doubt we see a refurb of Imagination for quite some time, and I HOPE we still get some kind of refurb for SSE

Surferboy567

The Spine will be completed. My gut says Play and Mary Poppins are goners for good. I seriously doubt we see a refurb of Imagination for quite some time, and I HOPE we still get some kind of refurb for SSE
I really don’t know how SSE could even operate any longer in its current form. I’m baffled it hasn’t been taken down for refurb yet.

EDIT: I suspect your gut maybe right, really holding out some hope for Poppins even though it’s probably not happening.

Casper Gutman

Hands off SSE. I no longer trust the basic competence of Disney management OR Imagineering. The descent is bad, but I am quite certain a redo would make it worse AND harm the great sections.

mattpeto

Yep, Epcot will be done by end of 2023 and then it's to Magic Kingdom and Dinoland I'd imagine.

pdude81

I think it's coming, but it's behind Moana flume and they want to see how to markets move in the next 6 months. I really got the impression from that presentation that they were gearing up for something huge and cut the announcement. Easier to get away with cutbacks on blue sky MK additions we aren't asking for anyway if something has to go.

Disstevefan1

I think it's coming, but it's behind Moana flume and they want to see how to markets move in the next 6 months. I really got the impression from that presentation that they were gearing up for something huge and cut the announcement. Easier to get away with cutbacks on blue sky MK additions we aren't asking for anyway if something has to go.
They got to stop showing blue sky stuff as it’s too much of a disappointment when we get whatever they settle on after all the cutbacks.

I think the last time I saw a rendering that matched the real thing was Mission Space. I remember asking myself, “it’s gonna look like that?” And what do you know, they did it.

That’s doesn’t happen any more.

Today it doesn’t matter. Folks will show up to WDW anyway.

ppete1975

They got to stop showing blue sky stuff as it’s too much of a disappointment when we get whatever they settle on after all the cutbacks.

I think the last time I saw a rendering that matched the real thing was Mission Space. I remember asking myself, “it’s gonna look like that?” And what do you know, they did it.

That’s doesn’t happen any more.

Today it doesn’t matter. Folks will show up to WDW anyway.
pandora and the flying islands is one for me, i really expected them to make them look lame if they even happened.

ppete1975

If it is cancelled i wonder how much damage was done. I know of a really cool building that had closed and some developers had grand ideas and demoed alot of the inside knocked out walls, repainted, ripped out alot of detail, put huge holes in the ground connecting floors. Had they finished it prob would have been cool, but they ran out of money and made the building almost unusable.

Now disney is a different thing, but i just wonder how much was done. I am sure alot of the backstage areas were gutted and anything remaining from the past that wasnt stolen was removed or destroyed.

DreamfinderGuy

If it is cancelled i wonder how much damage was done. I know of a really cool building that had closed and some developers had grand ideas and demoed alot of the inside knocked out walls, repainted, ripped out alot of detail, put huge holes in the ground connecting floors. Had they finished it prob would have been cool, but they ran out of money and made the building almost unusable.

Now disney is a different thing, but i just wonder how much was done. I am sure alot of the backstage areas were gutted and anything remaining from the past that wasnt stolen was removed or destroyed.
The theatre wing (Cranium Command) was completely gutted. Whole structure emptied with the presumed exception of a service elevator. Dome was gutted as well. The Body Wars and support wings seem to have been salvaged structurally, the 3F grade was extended over the Body Wars simulator pits. It's after that where my information runs dry, I have it on good authority that the Body Wars queue was stripped of all props at work start but I'm unsure if they ever went the extra mile to redo that area of the building. I am insinuating that the MetLife lounge is intact, but I've yet to hear actual confirmation there. At the very least that floor is still there.

Fear

If true, that would have been done instead of creating Steakhouse71.

1666124764435.png

Penguin and I were sounding off on breaking rumors from that source that they swore up and down were things that were going to happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom