News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

brb1006

On the one hand, this was a terrible idea that would have been outdated from the moment it opened and simply added to the large, unpopulated, purposeless indoor spaces that define EPCOT.

On the other hand, this is yet another cost driven cut of an attraction that was announced with much ballyhoo several years ago and a failure to add capacity to a resort that desperately needs it.

A real win-win.

On the subject of Disney’s charming habit of announcing projects years in advance and then canceling them, Uni STILL hasn’t announced the new Minions attraction and restaurant even though both will likely open within a year and construction is very visibly under way on both. One resort sells attractions, one sells deceptive promises of future attractions.
I'm still salty over the proposed new indoor theater at Main Street announced at D23 2017.
New-Magic-Kingdom-theater-700x394.jpg

brb1006

A people-eating theater (several, really) seems like exactly what MK needs.
I'm surprised MK doesn't have that many indoor theaters for newer stage shows. Mickey & Friends deserve to host other stage shows besides only at Cinderella Castle (especially after the demolition of Tommorowland Theater) especially for Seasonal Shows (such as Halloween and Christmas).

Last edited:

Brer Panther

So, this cancellation, assuming there's any truth to it... it was cancelled to fund the Splash Mountain retheme, wasn't it?

Meh, it was a dumb idea anyway...
They had their shot to fix Imagination. We got a meet and greet.
I've said this before, but I really don't think we should trust Chapek's Disney with a new version of Imagination. If the Figment movie they're making is unsuccessful, that'll likely be enough for them to gut the ride and shove an IP in there.
I’m concerned that they may feel EPCOT is “fixed” now and not touch the park for another 5-10 years.
They probably do. Same goes for Hollywood Studios, even though that park still desperately needs more capacity and has a lot of wasted space.
I'm still waiting for CBJ and Tiki to be converted into a new attraction.
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll eventually greenlight an Encanto replacement for the Tiki Room and a Zootopia replacement for the Country Bear Jamboree. I wouldn't put it past them at this point.

Cmdr_Crimson

If they aren't going to go ahead with the play pavilion why not go back to using as a festival center. At least it gets used and gives guests something more to do.
Pretty much this is what it will be....The more spots the bigger the festival can expand into the world areas..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom