News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

CJR

They're still working on a new fountain attraction and park area with trees. If simpler things those take over a year to build, Play (also simple, but indoors) and SSE will be like 2030 at the current rate.

I think both will happen to some sort of extent, but it's easy to understand why they're not going to be discussed at D23. Neither are a priority.

If the project turns into something else, it's hard to imagine something much worse. If it gets a ride, it'll automatically improve as long as it's not tipping you over in a cardboard box (Dinosaurs reference).

danheaton

I feel like they'll end up doing something with the building eventually, but it wouldn't shock me to have a brand new announcement of something that is very different at Destination D23 next year or at D23 Expo in 2024. The fact they announced nothing at the latest Expo is not a great sign.

eddie104

I mean…it wasn’t canceled. I don’t know that it will open in a year though. It certainly can if they want it to still.
Thanks for the response. I think it’s important for Disney to resume work on this project to help restore some lost capacity at Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom