News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

TikibirdLand

But, we never ever knew what really was on the Play pavilion...

There are meet&greets, kid playgrounds, something with trains, The Animation Academy, interactive experiences... and that was only a part of it. This pavillion sounds fun. Like that building in Disney California Adventure. Nothing big but a lot of small thing to do and have a good time with.
You're right; it does sound like something you'd find at a Disney park. Maybe something at epcot. You know, a semi-circular building with lots of glass in front. Since it seems to be looking forward in time, maybe we could name it something that reminds you of that. Maybe put it close to SSE. I know: We could call it Future World or Innoventions.

Bocabear

There are meet&greets, kid playgrounds, something with trains, The Animation Academy, interactive experiences... and that was only a part of it. This pavillion sounds fun. Like that building in Disney California Adventure. Nothing big but a lot of small thing to do and have a good time with.
Don't you think for a millisecond that if Disney had something wonderful to promote that there would already be tons of over-hype for it? That is something Disney routinely does... the silence about what this pavilion actually is speaks volumes.... What a gigantic waste of an opportunity to create something really wonderful and worthy of the park.

James Alucobond

And the walkway to the pavilion being torn up and replaced with trees.

It's like the horizons demolition except the building is standing and the trees are permanent.
It was always in the plans to turn the walkway into a straight diagonal and move the entrance farther south, so yes, the trees are likely permanent, though not because they're abandoning the pavilion.

Mickeynerd17

It was always in the plans to turn the walkway into a straight diagonal and move the entrance farther south, so yes, the trees are likely permanent, though not because they're abandoning the pavilion.
I understand that as it was in the concept art and the model at the (now defunct) experience center.

I could've sworn though that I saw a photo where the pathway curb extends all the way to Mission Space. I'll share that photo when/if I can find it. Regardless, we'll find out for sure once that pathway reopens.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

Hence why they should have just kept Innoventions....

randyjackson

depending on how much work is finished inside i wouldn’t be surprised if they decided to cancel this and go with doctor strange instead, think it depends on how well multiverse of madness does, we already got doctor strange merch in epcot which normally wouldn’t mean a lot but i think it’s telling it’s in epcot and not dhs just a thought

MagicHappens1971

depending on how much work is finished inside i wouldn’t be surprised if they decided to cancel this and go with doctor strange instead, think it depends on how well multiverse of madness does, we already got doctor strange merch in epcot which normally wouldn’t mean a lot but i think it’s telling it’s in epcot and not dhs just a thought
Theres Doctor Strange merch in DHS & MK as well. It's more that they don't have enough stuff to put on the shelves. I can't see Strange or any other Marvel properties going anywhere else but DHS.

SplashJacket

Theres Doctor Strange merch in DHS & MK as well. It's more that they don't have enough stuff to put on the shelves. I can't see Strange or any other Marvel properties going anywhere else but DHS.
There was also Spider-Man merch in Animal Kingdom on 6/26/21
0767D977-115E-4BF8-9073-824644598012.jpeg

James Alucobond

I think Play Pavilion is rumored to be shelved indefinitely or straight up canceled.
Nothing about this image suggests that. If they were in the process of installing something more permanent to mitigate the appearance of the area looking toward the pavilion, you might have something to go on, but there’s literally just temporary chain link fencing covered in green mesh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom