News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

Disstevefan1

It boggles the mind that Disney would close an entire pavilion full of stuff and let it sit and rot for almost 20 years, but I guess they did it with River Country and probably the Starcruiser next. lucky for them these locations are out of site for most guests and after awhile the average guest / cast member just forgets about them.
Logic does not apply in TWDC. We see it everyday with this company sadly.

DoleWhipDrea

It boggles the mind that Disney would close an entire pavilion full of stuff and let it sit and rot for almost 20 years, but I guess they did it with River Country and probably the Starcruiser next. lucky for them these locations are out of site for most guests and after awhile the average guest / cast member just forgets about them.
1698197519953.png

"Boy, it sure is dark in here..."

Purduevian

Stitch has been sitting there unused for almost 6 years and is in a super prime location right at the entrance to tomorrowland.

fgmnt

Stitch has been sitting there unused for almost 6 years and is in a super prime location right at the entrance to tomorrowland.
It's definitely a prime location but the kind of attraction that can be built in that real estate is not something the company has seemingly wanted to build. It's gotta project outward "big investment" energy and fit with a merchandisable IP. It does kind of hide away in the way that WoL kind of hides away. It would be very obvious to the average guest to see a building like Test Track or Space Moumtain mothballed: it dominates the environment. Most guests probably never perceive WoL exists when they're facing it.

DisneyDreamerxyz

I think the rumours about turning the space into a cast-member area are true and from what I know about the utilidors that tomorrowland side did not have much cast-member space compared to other areas like the frontierland/adventureland side

castlecake2.0

I think the rumours about turning the space into a cast-member area are true and from what I know about the utilidors that tomorrowland side did not have much cast-member space compared to other areas like the frontierland/adventureland side
The queue and pre show area are currently being used as a break area, but literally just tables and chairs thrown in there. It would take a couple hours and the area could be ready for guests again. It’s true the break area is small for Tomorrowland but just do like other areas and throw a trailer backstage somewhere to be a break room if they need it.

fgmnt

The queue and pre show area are currently being used as a break area, but literally just tables and chairs thrown in there. It would take a couple hours and the area could be ready for guests again. It’s true the break area is small for Tomorrowland but just do like other areas and throw a trailer backstage somewhere to be a break room if they need it.
Yeah, that would be a higher use for the galaxy palace theater site than what it is currently.

Purduevian

It's definitely a prime location but the kind of attraction that can be built in that real estate is not something the company has seemingly wanted to build. It's gotta project outward "big investment" energy and fit with a merchandisable IP. It does kind of hide away in the way that WoL kind of hides away. It would be very obvious to the average guest to see a building like Test Track or Space Moumtain mothballed: it dominates the environment. Most guests probably never perceive WoL exists when they're facing it.
It kind of blew my mind that they build Space 220 in Epcot instead of this location. I figured it could share an expanded kitchen with Cosmic rays and would be one of the best food options in the park immediately. EPCOT didn't really need another food location IMHO

fgmnt

It kind of blew my mind that they build Space 220 in Epcot instead of this location. I figured it could share an expanded kitchen with Cosmic rays and would be one of the best food options in the park immediately. EPCOT didn't really need another food location IMHO
There are a lot of reasons for this that make sense. The joke one I'll choose to go with for my own entertainment is that TDO prides itself on how mid-to-bad all dining options are in MK. I have been in position to visit the resort ~10 days a year a year or more 2016-2019 and 2021-2023 and consistently go out of my way to not eat food served in MK because it's just so insulting compared to what you can get at the other main gate parks.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So is there anything happening here or is this just to remain a mysterious, unused dome?
They said they were building someone during one of the sycophant conventions 4 years ago…but that was a lie…they just demolished stuff with no intention of any replacement.

That’s Bob…king of the mothballs

peter11435

They said they were building someone during one of the sycophant conventions 4 years ago…but that was a lie…they just demolished stuff with no intention of any replacement.

That’s Bob…king of the mothballs
It wasn’t a lie. I’m guessing you haven’t been in wonders of life in a while and I can guarantee, you haven’t seen the stuff built and fabricated for the play pavilion. The project was in progress and then canceled. It was never a lie. This was a Pop Century Legendary Years, not an Eagle Pines Resort

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It wasn’t a lie. I’m guessing you haven’t been in wonders of life in a while and I can guarantee, you haven’t seen the stuff built and fabricated for the play pavilion. The project was in progress and then canceled. It was never a lie. This was a Pop Century Legendary Years, not an Eagle Pines Resort
Funding is not an issue…I reject the notion of “cancellation” due to any reason other than gross mismanagement

Which is a two word synonym for Epcot these days.

But tell me…oh well connect oracle of hunter’s creek…what’s the REAL story?

In the Parks
No
What's it look like in there right now? Was the stuff onsite already?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom