News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Oh? Have you heard something?
Nothing definitive or that I can substantiate at moment. If true however, it'll be a good retrofit. Better than WIR in any case.

Play! pavilion should be at DS behind a paywall. Hopefully they just relocate things over there.

It should be. Or dispersed among the parks.

TheIceBaron

If true, glad they are going to do something to the SGE space, about time they do something with their abandoned attraction spaces.

Still, they were able to get another Test Track refresh with a sponsor, would it be that difficult to get some sort of healthcare company to sponsor WoL again? (Assuming the pavilion will remain health inspired). I know sponsors are kind of bleh because they interfere in the creative process sometimes, but it’s better than keeping the pavilion in this state. I’m assuming the only thing holding them back from doing anything to the space is money, unless some of the large investment they announced is earmarked for this

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Soarin over idaho
E26A01E3-7879-40E3-A906-59769F86044A.png

Made this as a joke in one of the imagineering games.

aladdin2007

If true, glad they are going to do something to the SGE space, about time they do something with their abandoned attraction spaces.

Still, they were able to get another Test Track refresh with a sponsor, would it be that difficult to get some sort of healthcare company to sponsor WoL again? (Assuming the pavilion will remain health inspired). I know sponsors are kind of bleh because they interfere in the creative process sometimes, but it’s better than keeping the pavilion in this state. I’m assuming the only thing holding them back from doing anything to the space is money, unless some of the large investment they announced is earmarked for this
Like many have said Advent Health would have been perfect, but I dont think Disney has any plans for that to be a health pavilion again and the whole corporate sponsorship thing doesn't seem to work too much anymore. Disneys fees are just so outrageously high cant blame any company for not wanting to sponsor an entire pavilion sadly.

DreamfinderGuy

Was it ever mentioned how far into development PLAY! was prior to the decision to mothball it? Wasn't it like 80% completed?
Depends on what you mean by development. Creative was pretty much finished, as far as actual on site work goes they did essentially nothing. Construction stopped just after they finished gutting WoL, couple structural frames for Play got put in but nothing beyond that.

Mickeynerd17

Depends on what you mean by development. Creative was pretty much finished, as far as actual on site work goes they did essentially nothing. Construction stopped just after they finished gutting WoL, couple structural frames for Play got put in but nothing beyond that.
And a brand new roof for the dome, which was probably the only real structural improvement made.

Epcot82Guy

While not my taste, having PLAY! be a modernized DQ focused on social media could have been a successful replacement for that Westside space.

pdude81

And we know how well that went :D
Sure, but consider that Dave and Busters keeps building new environments, and even the shell of DisneyQuest was able to limp along for a while. So I'm saying if they spent development money working out ineractive experiences for Play!, that could be reused somewhere else that locals might pay to go to as well. And with all the dining nearby they don't have to wipe off nearly as much grease and honey mustard off the consoles.

20 years ago I think I would be a one and done at DisneyQuest. But my son and his generation I believe would beg to go on every trip. Just my two cents

DisneyDreamerxyz

It boggles the mind that Disney would close an entire pavilion full of stuff and let it sit and rot for almost 20 years, but I guess they did it with River Country and probably the Starcruiser next. lucky for them these locations are out of site for most guests and after awhile the average guest / cast member just forgets about them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom