News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

peter11435

They’re objectively not cheap. They are wasteful and allow concerns over (modest) operational costs to convince them to cut components of VERY expensive capital projects at the last minute. It’s extremely short-sighted. See: SWGE.
This.

Their ability to spend on projects is not the issue. Their inability to accept new operating costs and their continued push to cut operation cuts everywhere and at any cost is the problem.

trainplane3

Back to the OT, plaza east is now closed for legacy removal.
Oh yes it is:

According to managers that we spoke with, we can expect these walls to stay up for months, not weeks. Disney’s plan is to not only demolish the monoliths, but to go ahead and build the new look for the Epcot entrance while the walls are up. That means that this will be your view come the start of the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. While we don’t have a more concrete timeline than “months”, Disney has stated that the whole project will be done “beginning in 2020”.

Awesome.

Last edited:

trainplane3

I would pay for upcharge event if it involved knocking these bad boys down...
I've made this pitch earlier from before this thread was a thing but don't feel like digging up that old post...
...so they aren't offering my much requested "Smash a Legacy: The sledgehammer experience"? I really thought it would've sold well.

This is great news. I'm glad to see them starting on it so soon.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Oh yes it is:

According to managers that we spoke with, we can expect these walls to stay up for months, not weeks. Disney’s plan is to not only demolish the monoliths, but to go ahead and build the new look for the Epcot entrance while the walls are up. That means that this will be your view come the start of the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. While we don’t have a more concrete timeline than “months”, Disney has stated that the whole project will be done “beginning in 2020”.

Awesome.

This makes sense and is why we suspected they were doing one side at a time. This side's wall encompasses the center planter so it makes sense that they will demo all of that and re-build.

hpyhnt 1000

Interesting they've already moved rope drop over to the east side of SSE. A sign of what to expect I imagine as we approach demolition hour on the former Innoventions buildings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom