News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Goofyernmost

The way it is sank into the ground indicates that the barrier is meant stop vehicles.
I'm sure it is a combination of design, vehicle barrier and assurance that no one will cut in front of the tram. It's a multi-tasker by gosh! The first is fine, the second is an unlikely, but a possibility and the last a more likely daily deterrent, IMO.

ppete1975

So ive missed a ton of pages, but do we know where they are putting the monoliths currently? And where they are going? Im just glad they were finally moved, but curious to the plan besides what the press release says.

ImperfectPixie

So ive missed a ton of pages, but do we know where they are putting the monoliths currently? And where they are going? Im just glad they were finally moved, but curious to the plan besides what the press release says.
If I remember correctly, all we know thus far is that the picture tiles will be displayed near the entrance. We don't know how.

Monorail_Red_77

According to my conversation with Melissa Valiquette a few months back, the tiles are being reprinted and "upscaled" (Probably just means bigger).
Oh great... so we go from tombstone plaza to mugshot row. LOL
I’ve been thinking about where they are going to put the pictures. I wonder if they’ll put them under the Monorail Station where the trams used to stop. Since now the teams are practically stopping in the parking lot at the new turn around.

ToTBellHop

Oh great... so we go from tombstone plaza to mugshot row. LOL
I’ve been thinking about where they are going to put the pictures. I wonder if they’ll put them under the Monorail Station where the trams used to stop. Since now the teams are practically stopping in the parking lot at the new turn around.
I hope they set up stacks under the monorail. What could go wrong?

WDW Pro

Came across the budget allocated for the Epcot overhaul... holy cow, the numbers blew my mind. I had been assured that Epcot was receiving the love, but let's just say D23 is going to be great for the park. I'm astounded they're spending as much as they are. I'm being vague, but if the number is already leaked feel free to laugh at me for being late to the party.

ToTBellHop

Came across the budget allocated for the Epcot overhaul... holy cow, the numbers blew my mind. I had been assured that Epcot was receiving the love, but let's just say D23 is going to be great for the park. I'm astounded they're spending as much as they are. I'm being vague, but if the number is already leaked feel free to laugh at me for being late to the party.
I remember feeling giddy at the DHS budget 4 years ago. Then it was cut to pay for other things and what we got in the end was “pretty good.”

So I’m less optimistic. Especially given that GotG is one of the major additions to the park and I know what it’s costing...

Absolute budget isn’t everything.

DreamfinderGuy

Isn’t it 1.2 Billion?

eddie104

Wasn't it something like $2 billion I believe I saw somewhere ??

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom