News New Parade: Magic Happens

TsWade2

Well i hope thats not the final product, and they need to integrate an instrumental with full orchestra in it, The song is a stretch and not your typical Disney Parade style song. Don’t get me wrong I like the song Just Wrong category. Unless they tweak it, for now It’s a No for me.
I kind of like that song actually. Yes, it's little bit hip hop-ish, but I'll get use to it. I hope they show us more of the concept arts of floats.

The post did mention him getting a coach to help with his understanding of the parks. So maybe that happened? Also, the poster, who said they were a she, mentioned not getting drunk as she was the DD.
Sorry, I fixed it, but she's still lying witch. Don't listen to her.

Last edited:

nevol

The beginning of the song has a retro Prince vibe. Pair that with the really refreshing renaissance fair art style conveyed by the concept art, and the unlikely pairing could be quite cool and nostalgic in many ways.

waltography

I think I'm right in the demographic for this song because I actually love it. I think it's groovy and actually kind of sells "Magic Happens" as a slogan... almost.

Also love the style of the parade floats so far, though I'm not completely sold on the Sleeping Beauty float.

Disney Analyst

I’m actually excited for this song. It has this retro vibe at the start, but it feels modern, but aggressive and fun. Really will allow for fun choreo, and doesn’t sound like any other parade music they’ve done.

waltography

How are you not sold on it? It has her dress changing from pink to blue which I think has been a wishlist for almost every single fan. And it’s not yet another dragon.

Oh I LOVE that and can't wait to see it! I'm moreso talking about the structure of the castle; it reminds me for some reason of Hong Kong's new castle and I'm not totally sold on that either so :p I'll come around to both, I'm sure, I just need to see them in real life first.

TsWade2

I decided to renew my wish list. So here we go!

1. Since the opening unit is like a Fantasia unit, I may suggests hopefully include and bring back dancing hippos, dancing alligators, and dancing ostriches from the Dance of the Hours. I missed those guys. Of course, if that won't happened (even though it will most likely upset me.), then I guess maybe dancing brooms from Sorcerer's Apprentice will be fine too.

2. Since there's going to be a Sword In the Stone float, which I hope they keep it, while using Merlin, I hope they made a character costume of Wart AKA King Arthur, so he can pull the sword in the stone. And maybe include the songs like Higitus Figitus, Makes The World Go Round , and the finale song like this:

3. Since I've heard there's going to be special effects and magic tricks, don't cut them or they'll face the wrath of the Disneyland fans! Just kidding! But just don't cut them.

4. While there's a Cinderella float, I'm kind of expecting a dress transformation trick. And maybe include the mice Jaq, Gus, Suzy, and Perla.

5. While Mickey will dressed up in his Sorcerer's Apprentice outfit, I would love to see his friends into their sorcerer's costumes like they did at Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disneysea.

6. For those of characters are face characters, I like to see a few of them wearing wireless mics on the parade like from Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams, MSEP, PTN, and more. Like maybe Merlin or something.

7. While Sleeping Beauty is the finale float, I like to see other characters don't have floats be part of the finale and holding dancing ribbons like they did on TDL's Dreaming Up.

8. Since Soundsational has been performing for 8 years minus Pixarfest, let it stay for 4 or 5 years so hopefully they make a new parade for DL's 70th anniversary. Speaking of which.....

9. I don't know if Disneyland is going to celebrate DL's 65th anniversary next year, but just in case, treat that parade as DL's 65th anniversary parade.

and

10. Make the floats innovative and spectacular. Soundsational Parade have great floats, but not as innovative as Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams and WDW's Festival of Fantasy Parade.

And that's my renew wishlist. My list may have some guarantees and some will not. But we'll see what happens next year.;)

Last edited:

brb1006

It feels very like a poorly mixed demo of a single version they'd release to advertise the parade. I'd hope they have a decent arrangement for the actual parade that is able to mix in other songs.
I remember the demo version of WDW's Festival Of Fantasy had a different singer but changed a bit a few months later.

brb1006

Pretty much. A generic pop song ballad type thing, slathered in Auto-Tune and backed by synth sounds. It's not horrible, but it's not great.

The thing that struck me the most is that it's not catchy, not toe-tapping. It's not easy to dance to. I'll give it a 75, Mr. Clark.

3b62adabcf1fa5c103746637c8d05b1a.jpg
Remember when "Kids Of The Kingdom" used to be the main singers for various Walt Disney World and Disneyland parade during the 1970s till the early to mid 1980s?

brb1006

I decided to renew my wish list. So here we go!

1. Since the opening unit is like a Fantasia unit, I may suggests hopefully include and bring back dancing hippos, dancing alligators, and dancing ostriches from the Dance of the Hours. I missed those guys. Of course, if that won't happened (even though it will most likely upset me.), then I guess maybe dancing brooms from Sorcerer's Apprentice will be fine too.

2. Since there's going to be a Sword In the Stone float, which I hope they keep it, while using Merlin, I hope they made a character costume of Wart AKA King Arthur, so he can pull the sword in the stone. And maybe include the songs like Higitus Figitus, Makes The World Go Round , and the finale song like this:

3. Since I've heard there's going to be special effects and magic tricks, don't cut them or they'll face the wrath of the Disneyland fans! Just kidding! But just don't cut them.

4. While there's a Cinderella float, I'm kind of expecting a dress transformation trick. And maybe include the mice Jaq, Gus, Suzy, and Perla.

5. While Mickey will dressed up in his Sorcerer's Apprentice outfit, I would love to see his friends into their sorcerer's costumes like they did at Disneyland Paris.

6. For those of characters are face characters, I like to see a few of them wearing wireless mics on the parade like from Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams, MSEP, PTN, and more. Like maybe Merlin or something.

7. While Sleeping Beauty is the finale float, I like to see other characters don't have floats be part of the finale and holding dancing ribbons like they did on TDL's Dreaming Up.

8. Since Soundsational has been performing for 8 years minus Pixarfest, let it stay for 4 or 5 years so hopefully they make a new parade for DL's 70th anniversary. Speaking of which.....

9. I don't know if Disneyland is going to celebrate DL's 65th anniversary next year, but just in case, treat that parade as DL's 65th anniversary parade.

and

10. Make the floats innovative and spectacular. Soundsational Parade have great floats, but not as innovative as Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams and WDW's Festival of Fantasy Parade.

And that's my renew wishlist. My list may have some guarantees and some will not. But we'll see what happens next year.;)

Will they finally bring back the face character version of The Queen Of Hearts?

Disney Analyst

Looks like the auditions have been posted on the Disney Auditions website. Confirms a January 2020 opening and all the face characters.

Here's all the face characters they are looking for:

Moana
Anna
Elsa
Kristoff
Flora
Fauna
Merryweather
Princess Aurora
Prince Phillip
Cinderella
Fairy Godmother
Princess Tiana
Prince Naveen
Merlin
Arthur

Peter Pan
Tinker Bell
Blue Fairy
Aladdin

Also - HELLO to those bolded characters!

brb1006

Moana
Anna
Elsa
Kristoff
Flora
Fauna
Merryweather
Princess Aurora
Prince Phillip
Cinderella
Fairy Godmother
Princess Tiana
Prince Naveen
Merlin
Arthur

Peter Pan
Tinker Bell
Blue Fairy
Aladdin

Is this the very first time we ever get to see King Arthur at the Disney Parks? I remember Ichabod Crane from "The Headless Horsemen" made his park debut in 2017.

Edgar from The Aristocats also made his park debut at a Disneyland Paris event a few months ago.

TsWade2

Moana
Anna
Elsa
Kristoff
Flora
Fauna
Merryweather
Princess Aurora
Prince Phillip
Cinderella
Fairy Godmother
Princess Tiana
Prince Naveen
Merlin
Arthur

Peter Pan
Tinker Bell
Blue Fairy
Aladdin

And here is my reaction to it.

Jedi14

Moana
Anna
Elsa
Kristoff
Flora
Fauna
Merryweather
Princess Aurora
Prince Phillip
Cinderella
Fairy Godmother
Princess Tiana
Prince Naveen
Merlin
Arthur

Peter Pan
Tinker Bell
Blue Fairy
Aladdin

I’m guessing Miguel will be a puppet again?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom