News New Parade: Magic Happens

mickeyfan5534

Oh I LOVE that and can't wait to see it! I'm moreso talking about the structure of the castle; it reminds me for some reason of Hong Kong's new castle and I'm not totally sold on that either so :p I'll come around to both, I'm sure, I just need to see them in real life first.
Meh, it's a stylized structure likely more for the characters to have a stage than anything. It does its purpose and it looks nice, especially if it's not the actual finale and it's a simpler penultimate float before they build up to a really grand finale.
Also a cool note: there's a great mix of old and new with a lot of different choices than usual in the parade between Fantasia, Sword in the Stone, Peter Pan, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty for old and Moana, Coco, Frozen, and Princess and the Frog for new. The parade just sounds like it could be on the same level as Dreaming Up! and I for one can not wait.

SweetDuffy101

I mean it all sounds Great, But lets not get our hopes high with the new parade, Well yeah its new but we know Disney These days They like to market new as An Amazing and great marketing but in the end its lackluster and lets not forget BUDGET cuts.

brb1006

So far the approach to this parade reminds me of Tokyo Disneyland's former parade "Happiness Is Here Parade" to a minor extent. The parade's floats found a perfect blend of using old and new Disney films while sprinkling in some Pixar. Mainly giving representation to lesser-known Disney films and characters such as The King Of Hearts at the Alice section and an entire float dedicated to The Aristocats featuring Marie, Toulouse, and Berlioz from The Aristocats. For "Magic Happens" it features an entire float for The Sword In The Stone featuring Merlin and King Arthur. Even the Giant Toy Mickey float that's currently used for the Soundsational Parade came from Tokyo's former parade but was originally pulled by The Three Little Pigs (Fifer, Fiddler, and and Practical).

mickeyfan5534

I mean it all sounds Great, But lets not get our hopes high with the new parade, Well yeah its new but we know Disney These days They like to market new as An Amazing and great marketing but in the end its lackluster and lets not forget BUDGET cuts.
It seems small scale enough that it can't really be massively cut. And I think with it premiering relatively soon within the next 6 or 7 months, floats are finalized and being built, costumes are designed, casting is in progress, and rehearsals likely to start very soon, there wouldn't be much to be cut that hasn't already when they were designing. And with the magic effects being a huge part of what they've talked about and shown like Aurora's dress changing color, what looks like Dante turning into his spirit animal form on the Coco float, and Moana's float looking like it has SCREENZ behind her, I can't really see them cutting anything we haven't already seen.

Snow Queen

Parades aren't usually my thing, but I'm quite liking the Moana and Coco floats in the concept art. It'll be nice to have a new parade to take photos of as I go by.

SweetDuffy101

I just don't understand why people plan out their day to see a parade or fireworks shows.

Parades just make it hard to get form one side of the park to the other.
Well if you live in Tokyo, You’ll understand why people wait Long times just to see a show, Don’t under estimate parades and show just because it’s not your cup of tea, There are alot of guests go the parks just to see Parades and Show Spectaculars are People eaters so the park wont be crowded during times.

And it depends on parks cast members and Guests Manners whether your experience in that park on whether is it going to depend either Good or Bad.

Well I Guess we know the Answer for that;).

One last thing Parades and shows is one part of Disney that would guests would want to see and go,

It depends on either they want to go the park
because they wanted to see a show and a parade
or wait Crazy times Just to ride a new attraction which is going to break a few times after in opens.

Just don’t judge guests and don’t underestimate Parades and shows because They’re part of Storytelling and makes good memories on Guests or Cast members Alike. Just because they visit the park if they just want to see a show and parade its no difference on attractions and Meet and Greets.

Last edited:

TsWade2

I'm sorry, but if you heard it from Micechat about this parade will only use characters only and won't have any parade performers at all, because of budget cuts, well guess what? I just went to Disney auditions website and they are hiring parade performers after all. Here's the proof:
Open Call for Male Parade Performer Roles for Magic Happens at the Disneyland Resort

For: Disneyland Resort
Audition City: Anaheim, CA
Looking For: Parade PerformersSunday, September 22, 201908:30 AMTimezone: Pacific Time (US & Canada

ATTENTION: Please click the "My Profile" button at the top of this page to create or update your profile before attending the audition.

Disney Parks Live Entertainment is seeking Parade Performers for Magic Happens, a new daytime spectacular making its grand debut on the streets of Disneyland® Park in early 2020.

This all-new parade celebrates those awe-inspiring moments of magic, both large and small, at the heart of so many of our favorite Disney stories. The parade features a cavalcade of stunningly designed floats, beautifully costumed performers and beloved Disney characters from "Moana," Coco," "Sleeping Beauty" and many more - all led by Mickey Mouse and his pals.

Seeking the following:
Individuals with heights 5'1" - 6'3" for male roles. Performers should be willing to demonstrate a full range of body movement, animation skills, and dance skills.

Requirements:

• Must be fully available beginning late November 2019 through early 2020
  • Must be available to work Friday Nights, Weekends, Holidays and Peak Operating Seasons starting early 2020.
  • Must be authorized to work in the United States
  • Performers must be at least 18 years of age or a High School graduate
  • Current Disneyland® Resort Cast Members must meet transfer guidelines and should bring a completed and approved transfer application
Audition Information:
Anaheim Ballet
280 E Lincoln Ave
Anaheim, CA 92805

Sign-in: 8:00am - 8:30pm - Late applicants will not be accepted. Please DO NOT arrive any earlier than 7:30 AM.

Please wear form-fitting dance attire that allows for comfortable movement. Bare feet are NOT allowed. Be warmed up and ready to dance at the scheduled time.

**Please note the audition process can last anywhere from 1 - 5 hours.**

AHA! See? That proves that LittleMonsterPageantHelper is a lying witch of the west and Micechat is nothing but an nonesensical, over dramatic, cruel, heartless, toxic fandom fake news. As much as I would love to forbid you all to go to Micechat, but I can't do that. That would make me the biggest internet troll ever. And I'm not like that. But I will advise you people is to please be careful what you hear, because even though it's online, doesn't mean it's true. Exception for the new parade, since it's now true.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Also a cool note: there's a great mix of old and new with a lot of different choices than usual in the parade between Fantasia, Sword in the Stone, Peter Pan, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty for old and Moana, Coco, Frozen, and Princess and the Frog for new.

Was the complete list of floats and characters confirmed?

TsWade2

Was the complete list of floats and characters confirmed?
There's an audition list for face characters of Magic Happens Parade posted not too long ago, and the floats they mention is confirmed.
Now, I also heard a rumor that Dr. Facilier might be in the parade and I don't see him in the list for auditions for face characters and he's a face character. I wonder if he's cut off. ❓

Disney Analyst

I'm sorry, but if you heard it from Micechat about this parade will only use characters only and won't have any parade performers at all, because of budget cuts, well guess what? I just went to Disney auditions website and they are hiring parade performers after all. Here's the proof:
Open Call for Male Parade Performer Roles for Magic Happens at the Disneyland Resort

For: Disneyland Resort
Audition City: Anaheim, CA
Looking For: Parade PerformersSunday, September 22, 201908:30 AMTimezone: Pacific Time (US & Canada

ATTENTION: Please click the "My Profile" button at the top of this page to create or update your profile before attending the audition.

Disney Parks Live Entertainment is seeking Parade Performers for Magic Happens, a new daytime spectacular making its grand debut on the streets of Disneyland® Park in early 2020.

This all-new parade celebrates those awe-inspiring moments of magic, both large and small, at the heart of so many of our favorite Disney stories. The parade features a cavalcade of stunningly designed floats, beautifully costumed performers and beloved Disney characters from "Moana," Coco," "Sleeping Beauty" and many more - all led by Mickey Mouse and his pals.

Seeking the following:
Individuals with heights 5'1" - 6'3" for male roles. Performers should be willing to demonstrate a full range of body movement, animation skills, and dance skills.

Requirements:

• Must be fully available beginning late November 2019 through early 2020
  • Must be available to work Friday Nights, Weekends, Holidays and Peak Operating Seasons starting early 2020.
  • Must be authorized to work in the United States
  • Performers must be at least 18 years of age or a High School graduate
  • Current Disneyland® Resort Cast Members must meet transfer guidelines and should bring a completed and approved transfer application
Audition Information:
Anaheim Ballet
280 E Lincoln Ave
Anaheim, CA 92805

Sign-in: 8:00am - 8:30pm - Late applicants will not be accepted. Please DO NOT arrive any earlier than 7:30 AM.

Please wear form-fitting dance attire that allows for comfortable movement. Bare feet are NOT allowed. Be warmed up and ready to dance at the scheduled time.

**Please note the audition process can last anywhere from 1 - 5 hours.**

AHA! See? That proves that LittleMonsterPageantHelper is a lying witch of the west and Micechat is nothing but an nonesensical, over dramatic, cruel, heartless, toxic fandom fake news. As much as I would love to forbid you all to go to Micechat, but I can't do that. That would make me the biggest internet troll ever. And I'm not like that. But I will advise you people is to please be careful what you hear, because even though it's online, doesn't mean it's true. Exception for the new parade, since it's now true.

I’ve gone over and spread the truth into that thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom