News New Parade: Magic Happens

NateD1226

Original Poster
Someone on Rat Chat is saying that in 2020, Soundsational will be replaced with a new parade called Magic Happens (title still being worked on). Here are some of the details:

It's a day parade for Disneyland to replace Soundsational, set to open less than a year from now for 2020. The working title is Magic Happens. The theme is the magic that happens in Disney stories, and the floats all have special effects and magic going on. Float and unit rundown is;

Opening unit using Sorcerer Mickey's hat as the float/parade icon.
King Arthur unit with a Sword in the Stone effect
Multi-part Moana unit with water effects
A huge Coco unit with the village and skeleton performers
Peter Pan unit with Tink and the gang
Frozen unit, with trolls in the woods
Cinderella unit
Tiana unit with Dr. Facillier and voodoo in a spooky swamp
Finale unit about all the good that Disney magic does

They also stated some other things about the parks:
"Burbank peeps want DLR to announce Magic Happens at D23Expo this August because the Rise of the Resistance ride in Galaxy's Edge is in big trouble and won't be open anytime soon. They'll also announce at D23Expo that Mickey's Runaway Railway is coming to Disneyland and built north of Toontown, but that's no big secret. We are already prepping to move out of our big Entertainment building and the rehearsal halls north of Toontown so it can be torn down for the ride!!"

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Someone on Rat Chat is saying that in 2020, Soundsational will be replaced with a new parade called Magic Happens (title still being worked on). Here are some of the details:

It's a day parade for Disneyland to replace Soundsational, set to open less than a year from now for 2020. The working title is Magic Happens. The theme is the magic that happens in Disney stories, and the floats all have special effects and magic going on. Float and unit rundown is;

Opening unit using Sorcerer Mickey's hat as the float/parade icon.
King Arthur unit with a Sword in the Stone effect
Multi-part Moana unit with water effects
A huge Coco unit with the village and skeleton performers
Peter Pan unit with Tink and the gang
Frozen unit, with trolls in the woods
Cinderella unit
Tiana unit with Dr. Facillier and voodoo in a spooky swamp
Finale unit about all the good that Disney magic does

They also stated some other things about the parks:
"Burbank peeps want DLR to announce Magic Happens at D23Expo this August because the Rise of the Resistance ride in Galaxy's Edge is in big trouble and won't be open anytime soon. They'll also announce at D23Expo that Mickey's Runaway Railway is coming to Disneyland and built north of Toontown, but that's no big secret. We are already prepping to move out of our big Entertainment building and the rehearsal halls north of Toontown so it can be torn down for the ride!!"
So they can create a new parade with “effects” but can’t run PtN because it’s too expensive, yeah right. If this happens then I don’t buy the PtN is too expensive crap. Then I expect a “PtN will magically make its return to DCA next summer” being announced at the same time.

D.Silentu

I like this idea and especially the suggested themes for the floats. If this lineup is accurate it makes for a good blend of classic and contemporary movies. Not to mention the fact that they aren't the usual suspects, circa 1989-1994.

Nland316

There will be a new parade next year with the main draw being the use of practical effects. Think of magical Disney movie moments Halle hbu right before your eyes. Some of the details provided have been true.
I’ve been missing Pinocchio as a parade unit ever since Parade of Dreams ended. I hope that movie is represented in this parade.

Last edited:

Old Mouseketeer

So they can create a new parade with “effects” but can’t run PtN because it’s too expensive, yeah right. If this happens then I don’t buy the PtN is too expensive crap. Then I expect a “PtN will magically make its return to DCA next summer” being announced at the same time.

If you talk to people in the Entertainment Division, Paint was infamous from the day they started training. It was physically hard on performers and support crews and had a lot of injuries. It was extremely expensive to maintain because of the lighting technology and many pieces constantly breaking. I've heard plenty of stories over the years. I know of people who left entertainment because of that parade.

Rich T

I never thought Princess and the Frog was that beloved.
It's a big hit with the generation that were teen bloggers when it was released (my nieces). The music keeps it going; it made a great finale for Magical Map. Please; ANYTHING that keeps another rendition of Let it Go or Under the Sea out of a parade is fine by me.
(EDIT)
Oh... I see Frozen's back...maybe they'll use that awful troll song.

Last edited:

TP2000

There will be a new parade next year with the main draw being the use of practical effects. Think of magical Disney movie moments happening right before your eyes. Some of the details provided have been true.

I went and found the original info on the Micechat board. Kind of a scandalous read, but interesting nuggets there too.

Not many "details provided" there on the parade, but it sounds like you are confirming the gist is correct and a new magic-themed parade is coming to Disneyland next year.

I must say.... It's about darned time! Soundsational is 8 years old now, and it's past its prime. You would have thought they'd debut a new parade this year to help with Star Wars Land crowds, a no brainer really, but then the TDA execs just aren't as bright as they used to be 30 years ago. :rolleyes:

Darkbeer1

Im really surprised that DCA isnt getting a new daytime parade. Pixar Play parade has been around for a while snd DCA can use a daytime parade as part of its entertainment

The infrastructure and changes to the DCA Entertainment Corridor( before opening, even) does not make it easy to operate a parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom