News New Parade: Magic Happens

TP2000

I haven't heard it. Let me guess. A corny embarrassing song?

Pretty much. A generic pop song ballad type thing, slathered in Auto-Tune and backed by synth sounds. It's not horrible, but it's not great.

The thing that struck me the most is that it's not catchy, not toe-tapping. It's not easy to dance to. I'll give it a 75, Mr. Clark.

3b62adabcf1fa5c103746637c8d05b1a.jpg

SweetDuffy101

Here's a preview of the parade theme sang by Jordan Fischer.

Well i hope thats not the final product, and they need to integrate an instrumental with full orchestra in it, The song is a stretch and not your typical Disney Parade style song. Don’t get me wrong I like the song Just Wrong category. Unless they tweak it, for now It’s a No for me.

mickeyfan5534

I’m very excited about the parade. The floats look great. But that song leaves me cold. I generally like the parade music they compose but not this time. Maybe it will improve upon hearing in the full production.
Well i hope thats not the final product, and they need to integrate an instrumental with full orchestra in it, The song is a stretch and not your typical Disney Parade style song. Don’t get me wrong I like the song Just Wrong category. Unless they tweak it, for now It’s a No for me.
It feels very like a poorly mixed demo of a single version they'd release to advertise the parade. I'd hope they have a decent arrangement for the actual parade that is able to mix in other songs.

truecoat

Oh, I almost forgot that part! Thank you for the reminder! :D

And it's the best part, too... Disneyland parade managers get drunk at gay bar, run into Disneyland parade performers at the gay bar, Disneyland managers start buying drinks for their young employees in an attempt (Successful attempt? Unsuccessful? Only the bartender knows for sure) to get said parade performers into bed with them, and in that process ply the young parade performers with not just drinks but promises of new gigs performing in the new Magic Happens Parade coming to Disneyland Park in Spring, 2020!

And then the sober designated driver for the evening leaks the whole thing on Micechat, several months before D23 Expo.

You just couldn't make that up if you tried. It's so funny! But HR probably doesn't think so. :eek:

I'm not gay but I'll take one for the team. Tomorrowland and Avengers ride info coming soon!

Phroobar

Oh, I almost forgot that part! Thank you for the reminder! :D

And it's the best part, too... Disneyland parade managers get drunk at gay bar, run into Disneyland parade performers at the gay bar, Disneyland managers start buying drinks for their young employees in an attempt (Successful attempt? Unsuccessful? Only the bartender knows for sure) to get said parade performers into bed with them, and in that process ply the young parade performers with not just drinks but promises of new gigs performing in the new Magic Happens Parade coming to Disneyland Park in Spring, 2020!

And then the sober designated driver for the evening leaks the whole thing on Micechat, several months before D23 Expo.

You just couldn't make that up if you tried. It's so funny! But HR probably doesn't think so. :eek:
That explains everything!

giphy.gif

TP2000

If Todrick Hall wrote it then the answer is yes.
I wonder if they picked him because his name sounds like Toad Hall?

I'd never heard his name before, so I had to Google this guy. And yes, his name sounds like Toad Hall.

Since I'm sure many others have never heard of him either, here's his intro paragraph from Wikipedia:

Todrick Hall (born April 4, 1985) is an American singer, songwriter, actor, director, choreographer, and YouTuber. He first gained national attention on the ninth season of the reality singing competition American Idol, where he made it to the semi-finals. Following this, he amassed a following on YouTube with multiple viral videos including original songs, parodies, and skits. A documentary series about his video-making process titled MTV's Todrick aired on MTV in 2015.

Oh, dear. Sounds decidedly C List to me. :rolleyes:

TROR

I'd never heard his name before, so I had to Google this guy. And yes, his name sounds like Toad Hall.

Since I'm sure many others have never heard of him either, here's his intro paragraph from Wikipedia:

Todrick Hall (born April 4, 1985) is an American singer, songwriter, actor, director, choreographer, and YouTuber. He first gained national attention on the ninth season of the reality singing competition American Idol, where he made it to the semi-finals. Following this, he amassed a following on YouTube with multiple viral videos including original songs, parodies, and skits. A documentary series about his video-making process titled MTV's Todrick aired on MTV in 2015.

Oh, dear. Sounds decidedly C List to me. :rolleyes:
Is there a particular reason they don't get A-list musicians to do this kind of work? I mean, they bought Beyonce for The Lion King remake and have a history of their movies featuring A-list musical talent. Why not deliver that to the parks as well? I'm all for helping out the little guy, but this seems more like cheapening out than finding the best fit.

TP2000

Is there a particular reason they don't get A-list musicians to do this kind of work? I mean, they bought Beyonce for The Lion King remake and have a history of their movies featuring A-list musical talent. Why not deliver that to the parks as well? I'm all for helping out the little guy, but this seems more like cheapening out than finding the best fit.

I would imagine the royalty payments on getting a true A List singer or composer would be sky high. There's no reason they couldn't, it would just be more expensive than getting Toad Hall to do it instead.

Disney Analyst

I mean, Todrick is pretty big and has made many hilarious Disney spoof videos on YouTube, they are actually great and worth a watch. He has over 3.2 million subscribers.

He’s also been in several broadway shows, and is currently in Waitress.. He is also a regular on Rupaul’s Drag Race, usually choreographing the big group numbers/music videos.

This is actually insanely relevant of Disney to use him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom