News New Parade: Magic Happens

TP2000

Magic Happens has been cancelled for both showings again today.

10 minutes before the first parade time today, and it's light rain and a miserable 46 degrees right now. Yuck!

The evening parade has already been cancelled for tonight. Sunday looks much drier, but with record-setting cold temperatures.

wtyy21

I believe, during Magic Happens cancellation, WJ was played with projection-only yesterday and maybe also doing this again tonight, unless rain was stopped at night before WJ and pyro B mode was shown.

gerarar

Premium Member
I believe, during Magic Happens cancellation, WJ was played with projection-only yesterday and maybe also doing this again tonight, unless rain was stopped at night before WJ and pyro B mode was shown.
Wondrous Journeys was projections-only last night. The weird part is there was no announcement over the PA that "fireworks" were canceled due to inclement weather. Also no in-app notification, unlike F! cancellation.

Multiple live streams from last night and up until showtime, they all anticipated pyro. No announcement from Disney, which is just weird overall lol.

waltography

10 minutes before the first parade time today, and it's light rain and a miserable 46 degrees right now. Yuck!

The evening parade has already been cancelled for tonight. Sunday looks much drier, but with record-setting cold temperatures.

Will hopefully be watching the second parade tomorrow so fingers-crossed the cold doesn't muck things (although I'd imagine the Cast Preview on Wednesday was likely colder, so we'll see).

Squishy

Does this parade not having a ending to the soundtrack? It just fades out at the end, pretty sure it had one before. Also noticed the frozen dancer costumes were slightly altered.

Last edited:

D.Silentu

I was at the park. They made the cancellation announcement over the loudspeaker while we were crossing Main Street and my entire party paused and looked at each other with bewilderment. If weather forecasts weren't enough, it ought to have been clear to anyone in the park that the parade wasn't going to take place. Even so, there were people waiting.

Vegas Disney Fan

Watched the video today and I’m still torn on this show, I love the characters, floats, and (despite the hunger games vibe) also love the bright vibrant costumes.

The music transitions between the floats are so messy though, 10-15 seconds of hearing both songs just creates noise, I rewatched a sounsational video to see if that was always the case and its transitions were much faster between the two songs. I’d like to think they’d fix this but with 2 years between shows and no changes I think it’s just how it is.

On a “diversity done well” note… during the Moana segment I noticed one of the performers was a larger than average performer guy and he kind of stole the stage with his dancing. I never really noticed all the parade performers tend to be one size but he showed it doesn’t have to be that way.

Californian Elitist

They released like four photos of the Villas. We don’t know what every single design they came up with looks like. We also don’t know why the float was missing today.

Of course they’re pushing Tiana; they’re currently creating a ride featuring her. They always do this. I remember all that Ariel/TLM merch that came out when Mermaid was getting built. This is business as usual.

I’ve been beaten over the head with Star Wars and maybe even Marvel. I don’t feel the same regarding PatF/Tiana, especially in comparison to other princesses.

I 100% agree regarding your side note.

Last edited by a moderator:

mickEblu

That’s not the assumption I was referring to. They released like four photos of the Villas. We don’t know what every single design they came up with looks like. We also don’t know why the float was missing today.

It’s right here in the blog post…

And yeah I’d be completely ok with no more Marvel or Star Wars.

Ok I lied I’d probably be ok with an Endor speed bike coaster depending on where they proposed putting it.

TP2000

Side note: I’d love if Buzz’ was axed and turned into a proper dark ride. Alien Pizza planet can go too or at least figure out how to make some better pizza.

The pizza there tastes obviously canned. You can just taste the metallic tinned slime in the toppings, and you can practically hear them running all those industrial strength can openers in the back. In the last 10 years make-your-own pizza places like Blaze have revolutionized pizzas for Americans, but TDA is still stuck in a circa 1998 mindset when it comes to their food service.

Last edited by a moderator:

Squishy

What happens if it rains on the first showing but clears up for the second showing? Do they cancel both showings or they do IASW to MS on the 2nd showing?

waltography

...anyways.

We caught the 6:30 parade with the reserved seating from the Plaza Inn dining package. What a fantastic parade. Seeing it in person helped me appreciate the concept of the show (between Moana's enchanted outrigger, Dante transforming into an alebrije mid-jump, Elsa creating a snow flurry, and Aurora's color-changing dress), and the music is so, so strong (probably beats Soundsational for me). Only thing I think they need to tweak is the crossfade in music between sections; it needs to happen much more quickly because otherwise it becomes super muddled.

Sad Tiana and Naveen were no-shows today. I know the rotating petal base stopped working mid-parade over cast previews, but I don't think they would pull the floats over that; perhaps they just didn't have their usual actors today.

I think in this special circumstance, the dining package was worth the $45 I paid; there couldn't have been more than a couple dozen people in the reserved area, so it wasn't crowded at all and I could have strolled in a minute before and got second row seats. The food was also pretty good, with the highlight being the Mickey hat blueberry cream cheese tart.

waltography

What happens if it rains on the first showing but clears up for the second showing? Do they cancel both showings or they do IASW to MS on the 2nd showing?
I believe they do IASW to MS on the second showing, then shuttle parade back up to IASW after the park closes.

Does this parade not having a ending to the soundtrack? It just fades out at the end, pretty sure it had one before. Also noticed the frozen dancer costumes were slightly altered.
It has a guitar flourish for an end that you could hear in the virtual viewing Disney released in the pandemic, but I don't think they ever ended it that way in the parks.

Also noticed that for the female crew, they used to have more structured skirts instead of the distressed ones they have now; wonder what the thought was (maybe to better match the male costume?). I liked the older version better though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom