News New Parade: Magic Happens

DCBaker

Premium Member
More than half of the original cast have returned to perform in Magic Happens -

"More than half of the nearly 100 performers in the Magic Happens parade returning to Disneyland this week after a three-year hiatus were part of the original troupe that launched the pandemic-shortened production in 2020.

“It feels new and the same,” said parade performer Jenn Acevedo. “It’s a weird feeling. It doesn’t feel like it was three years ago.”

The Magic Happens parade that ran for only a couple weeks before the COVID-19 pandemic shuttered the Anaheim theme park for more than a year will make a long-awaited return engagement on Friday, Feb. 24.

Acevedo taught dance classes via Zoom during the pandemic while Disneyland was closed beforereturning in 2022 to work on the Main Street Electrical Parade and “Fantasmic.”

Acevedo says the relaunch of Magic Happens feels like a reunion of the team that launched the parade in 2020.

“There’s a lot of returning people that still want to do it, loved it the first time and really want to live it again,” Acevedo said via a video call.

Acevedo is once again an ocean dancer leading Moana’s float along the parade route.

“I do the same exact thing in the same exact spot, which I’m really happy about,” Acevedo said."

Full article below.

mickEblu

More than half of the original cast have returned to perform in Magic Happens -

"More than half of the nearly 100 performers in the Magic Happens parade returning to Disneyland this week after a three-year hiatus were part of the original troupe that launched the pandemic-shortened production in 2020.

“It feels new and the same,” said parade performer Jenn Acevedo. “It’s a weird feeling. It doesn’t feel like it was three years ago.”

The Magic Happens parade that ran for only a couple weeks before the COVID-19 pandemic shuttered the Anaheim theme park for more than a year will make a long-awaited return engagement on Friday, Feb. 24.

Acevedo taught dance classes via Zoom during the pandemic while Disneyland was closed beforereturning in 2022 to work on the Main Street Electrical Parade and “Fantasmic.”

Acevedo says the relaunch of Magic Happens feels like a reunion of the team that launched the parade in 2020.

“There’s a lot of returning people that still want to do it, loved it the first time and really want to live it again,” Acevedo said via a video call.

Acevedo is once again an ocean dancer leading Moana’s float along the parade route.

“I do the same exact thing in the same exact spot, which I’m really happy about,” Acevedo said."

Full article below.

I hope the Merlin from the original parade my daughter watches over and over is back. 13:40 but wait for 13:53.

180º

Looks to be Great Shape!!!!!! Can't tell if they re-did the Finale because of Zip....

They did. "Zip" is supposed to come in after "magic was made for" (around 16:22 in the video @wtyy21 posted), but it sounds like they replaced it with "Into the Unknown" (or something else; I honestly can't tell as it sounds a bit muffled, but it's definitely not "Zip").

EDIT: Saw another video of the ending on TikTok and I think they may have just cut that sound bite out and left it empty.
To my ear it sounds like it was replaced with “Think of the happiest thought.”

PiratesMansion

Dont the performers have winter version costumes? or does the parade only have 1 version of its costume?
I don't believe ANY California parade has winter costumes. Most of the time the weather would seem to make it unnecessary.

I've seen parade performers in the international parks in winterized costumes, but I don't remember ever seeing them in either of the US parks.

tcool123

I don't believe ANY California parade has winter costumes. Most of the time the weather would seem to make it unnecessary.

I've seen parade performers in the international parks in winterized costumes, but I don't remember ever seeing them in either of the US parks.
Florida has the winter wear for characters - including Raya and Mirabel. Saw it recently during Adventure Friends Calvacade, on my way to ride tron.

Florida does get cold every so often - 30s in Orlando following Christmas last year. Nor sure if Anaheim would have it though, but could be a possibility.

wdrive

Florida has the winter wear for characters - including Raya and Mirabel. Saw it recently during Adventure Friends Calvacade, on my way to ride tron.

Florida does get cold every so often - 30s in Orlando following Christmas last year. Nor sure if Anaheim would have it though, but could be a possibility.

Anaheim has winter outfits for characters, but as others have said I’ve never seen any for dancers in Anaheim.

OwlHouseKing97

In the Parks
No
I don't get why they had to wait until this moment for this parade to return, when it had to be rained out, they should have bought this back last month instead of playing that 100th cavalcade, which had no purpose in 2023

jrhwdw

I don't get why they had to wait until this moment for this parade to return, when it had to be rained out, they should have bought this back last month instead of playing that 100th cavalcade, which had no purpose in 2023
Disney Company's 100th remember......

As far as MH I agree that it should have been last Winter!

Californian Elitist

It’s the 100th anniversary of the company, hence the 100th cavalcade…

No big deal that the parade can’t run today. It’s not the end of the world (this isn’t directed towards you, BTW).

wtyy21

F! is gone too. WJ with Pyro is still scheduled......
Regarding WJ, i expected the show with pyro to be B-mode or even projection only if inclement weather continues until the night, giving that high fireworks cannot be shot when high wind happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom