News New Parade: Magic Happens

TP2000

Wasn't the guy who created the soundtrack later deemed questionable?

Todrick Hall was questionable even before he created the Magic Happens soundtrack.

Several of his 2010's songs have lyrics about drugs and gun-running. He was sued by an employee in 2019 for sexual harassment.

It's an odd choice to choose him to write the new parade song for Disneyland, to say the least. I'm not sure what the thought was there behind that decision? The SNL writers knew what Todrick Hall's scene was, so why didn't TDA? Sha-blap! :cool:

I absolutely lose it when Bowen Yang says crisply "Merry Christmas to the children." 🤣 🤣 Very Todrick.

Last edited:

TP2000

I mean, I can't stand Todrick Hall, but the soundtrack is a bop from start to finish. Boots the house down bop.

I'm writing those terms down on post-it notes to put on my refrigerator.

I will practice them any time I open the fridge, and then try to use them in sentences with my young nephews, hopefully to great comedic effect.

Phroobar

waltography

I added Magic Happens to my Spotify playlist during COVID and I will not be shamed for it. 😂

Anyway, here's to hoping the weather predictions are right and the weather's nice enough on Sunday for them to run the parade. Maybe we lucked out and inadvertently got the dining package for the real premiere day.

I am sad for the CMs who were supposed to attend the preview this evening, though; seems like they might end up getting rained out.

Squishy

What happens when the parade finishes its run to Main Street but it then starts raining while its stuck backstage by Main Street? Do the floats get left out in the rain or do they have tarps to cover them?

Disney Analyst

What happens when the parade finishes its run to Main Street but it then starts raining while its stuck backstage by Main Street? Do the floats get left out in the rain or do they have tarps to cover them?

I am sure they can drive the floats back in the rain, the big issue with rain and parades are the performers.

TP2000

Typically, yes. There have been many times when the first parade happens, but then rainy weather moves in before the second parade and thus strands the floats somewhere between Mr. Lincoln and Space Mountain. I assume they move the floats back up to their warehouse after the park closes that night, even if its still raining.

As for Friday, it's likely both parades will be cancelled because of projected moderate rainfall from early afternoon through late evening. Saturday is spotty showers, so it's unknown. Sunday is probably the first day they'll be able to do both Magic Happens parades.

But it will be unusually cold all this weekend, so the dancers probably won't be that into it even if it stops raining.

waltography

Looks to be Great Shape!!!!!! Can't tell if they re-did the Finale because of Zip....
They did. "Zip" is supposed to come in after "magic was made for" (around 16:22 in the video @wtyy21 posted), but it sounds like they replaced it with "Into the Unknown" (or something else; I honestly can't tell as it sounds a bit muffled, but it's definitely not "Zip").

EDIT: Saw another video of the ending on TikTok and I think they may have just cut that sound bite out and left it empty.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

It looks fantastic at night. Obviously it's no PTN, but I think the darkness helps the colors pop out more. Moana's float just looks so magical when you can actually see the screens.

You can actually see them really well during the day, it was the first performance that the screens were messed up (in 2020) that made them so dim.

Of course still better at night, but good during day also.

Disneyland does a great job making their day parades also work at night.

TTA94

Any live
It looks fantastic at night. Obviously it's no PTN, but I think the darkness helps the colors pop out more. Moana's float just looks so magical when you can actually see the screens.

Unfortunately the popularity of MH at night gives them the exuse not to bring back PTN.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom