News New Parade: Magic Happens

TTA94

I dont think DCA ever ran PTN with WoC? Pretty sure someone said it would cause crowd control issues. They did however run Villainous with Frightfully fun parade for one season but haven't since.

You might be right. In this case it might depend on how popular WOC One is.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I dont think DCA ever ran PTN with WoC? Pretty sure someone said it would cause crowd control issues. They did however run Villainous with Frightfully fun parade for one season but haven't since.
It didn’t run with WOC because WOC stoped because of the Pixar Pier re-theme. I don’t think it would be that bad Disneyland ran MSEP ->Disneyland Forever->MSEP. They could do the same thing with WOC they could maybe do PNT->WOC->PNT

PiratesMansion

It didn’t run with WOC because WOC stoped because of the Pixar Pier re-theme. I don’t think it would be that bad Disneyland ran MSEP ->Disneyland Forever->MSEP. They could do the same thing with WOC they could maybe do PNT->WOC->PNT
WOC wasn't running at that point because that was around the time the control room flooded, and the show was down for a long time because of it.

I have heard the same concerns that they feel they cannot run a night parade and WOC from a logistical perspective. Seems a little flimsy to me based on the fact that just last year they returned to night parade/fireworks/Fantasmic across the esplanade, and like they should be able to make it work if they wanted to, but it doesn't seem like they're interested.

TsWade2

As much as I'm excited for Magic Happes to come back, but sadly, there's a problem. It's going to debut this friday, and I've found out that it's going to rain on that day and it's probably going to rain all week. So, I suggest that Disneyland will postpone Magic Happens until the horrible week of rain is over.🥺

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

If it rains, it rains. I'm told y'all need the rain, so, frankly, if it rains, good. That's a lot more important than a parade in the grand scheme of things. Rain supports life. Parades...are fun. It's not the same level of importance.

If everyone has managed to wait for almost three years for this parade and is still here, I am assuming that no one will die if it does rain and the parade is delayed a further few days.

Last edited:

TP2000

As much as I'm excited for Magic Happes to come back, but sadly, there's a problem. It's going to debut this friday, and I've found out that it's going to rain on that day and it's probably going to rain all week. So, I suggest that Disneyland will postpone Magic Happens until the horrible week of rain is over.🥺

It's not just going to rain on Friday, it's going to snow. Two inches in Anaheim. A half a foot in Corona!

Per the National Weather Service as of this evening for their snowfall forecast for OC on Thursday night into Friday...

Barely A Dusting!.jpg

But honestly, since these are well paid "experts" predicting this OC snowfall, they will be wrong.

I can state however, looking at the maps and satellite imagery, that my entirely non-expert opinion is that it will be very rainy this Friday. It will be surprising if the parade returns on Friday, or even Saturday at this point. Sunday looks clear and unusually cold, with daytime highs barely in the low 50's and lows around 42 that night. My bet is that Magic Happens re-debuts on Sunday.

Last edited:

TP2000

If everyone has managed to wait for almost three years for this parade and is still here, I am assuming that no one will die if it does rain and the parade is delayed a further few days.

Or, you know, you could just watch the YouTube videos from when it first happened in 2020. ;)

Emmanuel

Can't really postpone in hopes of better weather conditions on a later date. I dont think anyone saw a rain system coming tbh.
It's not just going to rain on Friday, it's going to snow. Two inches in Anaheim. A half a foot in Corona!

Per the National Weather Service as of this evening for their snowfall forecast for OC on Thursday night into Friday...

View attachment 699718

But honestly, since these are well paid "experts" predicting this OC snowfall, they will be wrong.

I can state however, looking at the maps and satellite imagery, that my entirely non-expert opinion is that it will be very rainy this Friday. It will be surprising if the parade returns on Friday, or even Saturday at this point. Sunday looks clear and unusually cold, with daytime highs barely in the low 50's and lows around 42 that night. My bet is that Magic Happens re-debuts on Sunday.

The interesting thing about weather forecasts is that they change pretty constantly. Take last Saturday for example. It was showing as having a chance of rain early on last week but eventually turned into a partly clouded day when I went on that day to Knotts.

I'm actually also guessing Magic Happens will end up returning on Sunday.

This is how I think its gonna rain:

Any weather forecast that has a rain chance up to 30% means its less likely to rain and often it doesn't. If a forecast has a chance of rain 35% and above then Its definitely gonna rain.

If Disney could delay its return it would but that wouldn't really be possible since I imagine all schedules have been set. And rescheduling it to a later date would be for nothing if the next date ends up raining too. But if it does, anyone there will be treated to a small cavalcade instead which honestly is better than nothing even though they obviously don't compare to full parades.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom