News New Parade: Magic Happens

CaptinEO

Disneyland parades typically last for at least three to five years. Magic Happens is sitting in an Anaheim warehouse after only running for six weeks.

It's like the mythical Barn Find of parades; a gorgeous 1964 Lincoln whose lady owner only drove it to church for a few months before she parked it in '64 and never used it again.

That's weird. Why would they already not want to offer Magic Happens as Disneyland's parade?

I always wondered if Light Magic Floats still exist. That would make for a fun "90s night" event.

waltography

If the character cavalcades currently in place are any indication, we'll for sure see Magic Happens come back with some fanfare once the regulars have come back and become old hat (F!, DF, and MSEP). The current cavalcades are a sorry sight rolling down Main Street.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Well, if anyone needs their fix, here's the video of the whole parade (did I post it before? If so, apologies for the duplication!):

I hadn't actually planned on stopping to watch it but ran into a friend who already had a spot saved on the street and invited me to stand with them. So I figured if I was standing there, I might as well film it. And then it went away quickly afterwards so I wound up getting more traffic for the video than I expected since there wasn't time for everyone and their brother to film it repeatedly! lol

And since it was mentioned above, here's Happily Ever After, too:

Sadly, I think I only saw it the one time. Maybe twice. I recall thinking it was terrific though.

Cesar R M

Well, if anyone needs their fix, here's the video of the whole parade (did I post it before? If so, apologies for the duplication!):

I hadn't actually planned on stopping to watch it but ran into a friend who already had a spot saved on the street and invited me to stand with them. So I figured if I was standing there, I might as well film it. And then it went away quickly afterwards so I wound up getting more traffic for the video than I expected since there wasn't time for everyone and their brother to film it repeatedly! lol

Sadly, I think I only saw it the one time. Maybe twice. I recall thinking it was terrific though.

The costumes are always so good for the fav5!
Also did not expect to see a float ( as simple as it is) for Sword in the Stone.

Phroobar

The problem with Magic Happens is that it doesn't match Disney's marketing anymore. The whole parade would have to be redesigned for their new marketing message. Don't worry, they will reuse the floats but not the god awful music and the Hunger Games costumes.

TsWade2

I'm sorry, but that's enough! It's fine that you guys don't like the parade, but that doesn't mean it's not popular. They just perform for two weeks before that evil pandemic started. And I blame that pandemic for that. Besides, Magic Happens will return eventually. Maybe in 2023. Right now, they're focusing on MSEP.

Last edited:

Phroobar

I'm sorry, but that's enough! It's fine that you guys don't like the parade, but that doesn't mean it's not popular. They just perform for two weeks before that evil pandemic started. And I blame that pandemic for that. Besides, Magic Happens will return eventually. Maybe in 2023. Right now, they're focusing on MSEP.
Two weeks doesn't make it popular either. Park goers will watch anything.

Phroobar

If that is how make you and everybody feel about this parade, then fine! Magic Happens is dead! And it’s all the pandemic’s fault! Pandemic is ruining my life!:cry:😢😭 I hope they have a new parade in development.
Wait. Your life is ruined because the pandemic took away a mediocre Disneyland parade with questionable music? Yikes!

You might want to not renew that annual pass for few years.

TsWade2

Wait. Your life is ruined because the pandemic took away a mediocre Disneyland parade with questionable music? Yikes!

You might want to not renew that annual pass for few years.
My annual pass has been dead for years. And now I don’t know if I get that Magic Key pass! The pandemic ruined everything for me.

waltography

That is true. Unfortunately, two weeks of data isn't a big enough sample.
We also have the pro-shot of the parade Disney posted at the onset of the pandemic that got a couple million hits (viral for Disney Parks account standards) before they made the video private, likely because they do intend to bring it back at some point. At the very least, the parade's been exposed to lots of people outside of the two weeks it ran who it's got a little more going for it than it seems on paper.

I do hope they retool the costumes in the first float when they bring it back though; if Paint the Night's costumes were causing injuries for performers, I don't see how the dog cone collars and wire headpieces are any better.

Phroobar

We also have the pro-shot of the parade Disney posted at the onset of the pandemic that got a couple million hits (viral for Disney Parks account standards) before they made the video private, likely because they do intend to bring it back at some point. At the very least, the parade's been exposed to lots of people outside of the two weeks it ran who it's got a little more going for it than it seems on paper.

I do hope they retool the costumes in the first float when they bring it back though; if Paint the Night's costumes were causing injuries for performers, I don't see how the dog cone collars and wire headpieces are any better.
So has most cat videos. Anything posted by Disney is always gets a few million hits. Still 99% of visitors to the parks today have never heard of the parade. It will be all new to them if it comes back.

Vegas Disney Fan

I forgot about the hunger games vibes and Mickeys Mix Magic style music. The floats, and some of the costumes, are amazing but it really does need a good retooling before returning. Lots of potential but just didn’t work.

waltography

So has most cat videos. Anything posted by Disney is always gets a few million hits. Still 99% of visitors to the parks today have never heard of the parade. It will be all new to them if it comes back.
You'd be surprised; most Disney Parks videos barely even reach 100k views, let alone a million. I stand by what I said; a few million views is viral for Disney Parks YouTube account standards. I'll give you that most day visitors have no idea what the parade is, but I'm sure at least a simple majority of APs know the parade.

Phroobar

You'd be surprised; most Disney Parks videos barely even reach 100k views, let alone a million. I stand by what I said; a few million views is viral for Disney Parks YouTube account standards. I'll give you that most day visitors have no idea what the parade is, but I'm sure at least a simple majority of APs know the parade.
Now you are getting into a really tiny group. Just because majority of AP know that it existed at one time, doesn't mean it is enjoyed and popular.

PiratesMansion

The dancers costumes receiving alterations I can see. I feel it was well known they were causing issues. It’s cheaper/easier in the long run to change the costumes then keep trying to work with costumes that aren’t working.
If that's the case I can understand them wanting to be proactive. It would just go against the precedent set by Paint the Night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom