News New Parade: Magic Happens

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What actually happened? Not from US…
Todrick talked trash about other contestants on Celebrity Big Brother. Some 'body shaming.' On top of that, he did it in a really arrogant and mean way. And when the other celebrities who were voted out earlier voted for someone else to win (because they all wound up hating him), he was not a gracious loser about it.

At least, that's the story floating on the Net.

Kev1982

Todrick talked trash about other contestants on Celebrity Big Brother. Some 'body shaming.' On top of that, he did it in a really arrogant and mean way. And when the other celebrities who were voted out earlier voted for someone else to win (because they all wound up hating him), he was not a gracious loser about it.

At least, that's the story floating on the Net.
Thank you

TP2000

So I take it the guy’s not a model citizen… alright. His name, face, etc. isn’t on the parade and 99% of guests do not know or care who made the song. There’s no reason to change it and it won’t be changed. The song itself is a bop and that’s what matters.

Disney Parks Blog used to have a gushing tribute to the "AMAZING!" Todrick Hall. But it's been erased. Cancelled. Dumped down a memory hole. Todrick Hall no longer exists. Go on, try and click the link. ;)

Which I could have told you would happen. Years ago in this thread I was skeptical of using a drug-fueled "artist" like Mr. Hall as the producer for a Disneyland parade. But TDA was trying to be hip, trying to be woke, trying to be cool. And look where that got them. :cool:

Disney Analyst

Disney Parks Blog used to have a gushing tribute to the "AMAZING!" Todrick Hall. But it's been erased. Cancelled. Dumped down a memory hole. Todrick Hall no longer exists. Go on, try and click the link. ;)

Which I could have told you would happen. Years ago in this thread I was skeptical of using a drug-fueled "artist" like Mr. Hall as the producer for a Disneyland parade. But TDA was trying to be hip, trying to be woke, trying to be cool. And look where that got them. :cool:

That link loads for me no issue… 😅

AJFireman

Yeah for some reason I have issues loading Disney websites on Firefox Browser but other browsers I have no issue.

That Disney Parks Blog article is still available and the youtube video associated with it is still there

TwilightZone

Yeah for some reason I have issues loading Disney websites on Firefox Browser but other browsers I have no issue.

That Disney Parks Blog article is still available and the youtube video associated with it is still there
Sadly a few modern web sites are created with chrome in mind as most popular modern browsers are built off of it.
I am anti google as it gets, so I stick to firefox and use vivaldi as my chrome backup when I need it.

No Name

Lol I clicked the link and it worked perfectly fine. Seems like an issue on your end.

I can guarantee Disney’s given this less thought than you have.

Cesar R M

You're not out of touch. You just aren't hanging out in smarmy drug den gay bars in West Hollywood, where people like Todrick Hall are elevated as superhumans for some misguided reason.

EDIT: I just remembered how this thread started, and went back to Page 1 to confirm. Hysterical! 🤣

Basically, some slimy Disneyland managers ran into some hourly parade boys at a famous (and infamous) WeHo gay bar called The Abbey back in 2019, which seems like a lifetime ago. The Disneyland entertainment department managers tried to woo and hit on the younger hourly dancing boys from the parade by promising them parts in a new parade yet to be announced called Magic Happens, with a soundtrack by the druggy-fab Todrick Hall. Drinks were ordered, 38 year old managers hit on 21 year old dancers, promises were made that required a sleepover, and the whole thing got leaked online. Disneyland was getting a new parade! Also, many Disneyland managers are slimy creeps with no morals!

My Gawd, sometimes I just love the Internet! 😍
whattheamireading_.png

I'm reading the whole description and the more I read.. the..
WHAT...
Samuel_Johnson_by_Joshua_Reynolds.jpg

TP2000

View attachment 626095

I'm reading the whole description and the more I read.. the..
WHAT...
View attachment 626096

It was a messy thread over on another website. But I went and read it after hearing about it here, and it's one of those things where your jaw drops open in shock at first, but then you think about how low Disneyland standards have sunk for a few moments and you think "Yup, that could happen. Some Disneyland managers are probably like that." :rolleyes:

VJ

The proshot Magic Happens video on Disney's YouTube channel has been made private, and the Magic Happens Parade page on Disneyland.com does not show up in a search result for "Magic Happens Parade" on the site (but it does come up on Google).

Make of this what you will.

TP2000

The proshot Magic Happens video on Disney's YouTube channel has been made private, and the Magic Happens Parade page on Disneyland.com does not show up in a search result for "Magic Happens Parade" on the site (but it does come up on Google).

Make of this what you will.

Sha-Blap, indeed! Todrick Hall won't be happy. :(

Was this just the shortest run parade in Disney theme park history? Light Magic only lasted one summer, but Magic Happens only lasted six weeks?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sha-Blap, indeed! Todrick Hall won't be happy. :(

Was this just the shortest run parade in Disney theme park history? Light Magic only lasted one summer, but Magic Happens only lasted six weeks?
It's not like it stopped for lack of popularity... the parks closed and COVID protocols and lack of labor kept all parades from happening for a while.

It could still come back. Or not. We don't know for sure yet.

TP2000

It's not like it stopped for lack of popularity... the parks closed and COVID protocols and lack of labor kept all parades from happening for a while.

Disneyland parades typically last for at least three to five years. Magic Happens is sitting in an Anaheim warehouse after only running for six weeks.

It's like the mythical Barn Find of parades; a gorgeous 1964 Lincoln whose lady owner only drove it to church for a few months before she parked it in '64 and never used it again.

That's weird. Why would they already not want to offer Magic Happens as Disneyland's parade?

Emmanuel

Right now its still on the list of entertainment thats "temporarily unavailable" on the app. The list can be accessed by going on the app, update the filter to show entertainment throughout the resort on the map and its in the esplanade

IMG_6320.jpg
IMG_6321.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom