News New Parade: Magic Happens

SirWillow

They won't have parades for a bit after they get reopened. As long as covid is a threat to a tight crowd, no fireworks or parades. But when there is a vaccine, and it's been widely distributed, and they feel it's mostly under control, you'll likely see those return as they know those draw people in, and not having them keeps people out.

If the estimates are to be believed, it could be next summer to end of next year. But we'll see if that happens or not.

Disneylover152

My gut feeling is the first parade we will see is Christmas Fantasy in December 2021. I doubt we will see any parades or nighttime shows before that.

This was my issue with Magic Happens though, I like it now in 2020, but the parade itself does not at all have a timeless feel. It was made for 2019, some of it even felt a little outdated to me when it premiered. By the time it resumes operations again, it's really gonna feel awkward.

Giss Neric

My gut feeling is the first parade we will see is Christmas Fantasy in December 2021. I doubt we will see any parades or nighttime shows before that.

This was my issue with Magic Happens though, I like it now in 2020, but the parade itself does not at all have a timeless feel. It was made for 2019, some of it even felt a little outdated to me when it premiered. By the time it resumes operations again, it's really gonna feel awkward.
They tried a new approach in terms of music. It's very hip. I even saw some TikTok videos using the soundtrack of the parade which means it's working for the younger audience. I do not think it will be feel outdated fast enough as you have the biggest IPs as floats and characters you don't see ever in other parades like Merlin.

Disneylover152

They tried a new approach in terms of music. It's very hip. I even saw some TikTok videos using the soundtrack of the parade which means it's working for the younger audience. I do not think it will be feel outdated fast enough as you have the biggest IPs as floats and characters you don't see ever in other parades like Merlin.

Yeah, I'm a Gen Zer, and I have seen a lot of non-Disney people use the finale music in their TikToks. I personally love the soundtrack (took a bit to get used to), but I think the parade itself will just feel outdated in a couple of years. The Mickey float costumes are very 2020 and I'm not sure fashion like that would still be seen as "cool" or "trendy" in a couple of years. I mean, as TikTok has shown, trends change every month. Wreck it Ralph 2 came out two years ago, and it was seen as "hip" in the moment and is now becoming a little outdated and hard to watch.

I have no doubt that the characters would remain relevant, but the parade has to also remain relevant. I'm just worried that it'll be cringy in a couple of years.

George Lucas on a Bench

Yeah, I'm a Gen Zer, and I have seen a lot of non-Disney people use the finale music in their TikToks. I personally love the soundtrack (took a bit to get used to), but I think the parade itself will just feel outdated in a couple of years. The Mickey float costumes are very 2020 and I'm not sure fashion like that would still be seen as "cool" or "trendy" in a couple of years. I mean, as TikTok has shown, trends change every month. Wreck it Ralph 2 came out two years ago, and it was seen as "hip" in the moment and is now becoming a little outdated and hard to watch.

I have no doubt that the characters would remain relevant, but the parade has to also remain relevant. I'm just worried that it'll be cringy in a couple of years.

Very 2020? What does that mean? Masked? Socially distanced? Unemployed? Miserable? Watching Netflix?

SweetDuffy101

Will it has been a never ending rumor until disney officially announces it can someone just Paused or stop the thread its just nonsense at this point. Wasting 3 years of energy for believing for nothing and by the time Disney announces something for Mk And No Paint the night, People will get mad why not PTN, I mean it's Disneyland Property can't they keep something original for Disneyland not always have to be sent to Orlando where it gets wasted like what they did with Main street and Spectromagic. Oh lets not forget that hideous pixar parade at Hollywood Studios.

ToTBellHop

And every WDW poster has been saying the same thing for over 3 years now. So I'll believe it when it actually happens.
1601653229073.png

TsWade2

So with the recent todrick hall situation allegations/ manipulations allegedly and an expose party after CBBUS , Do you think the show might get tweaked.
What are you talking about?

Update: Oh! Oh my! I don't watch Big Brother, I think it's a stupid show. Although, I don't know what to say. I don't know if it's going to be tweaked or not, but as long as the parade comes back eventually, I think it's safe.

Last edited:

waltography

So with the recent todrick hall situation allegations/ manipulations allegedly and an expose party after CBBUS , Do you think the show might get tweaked.
Disney should have never worked with Todrick in the first place given his reputation in Hollywood; the CBB news simply made it more widely known. Despite all of that, I don't think the show will get tweaked because the average guest won't be aware that he was a part of MH unless they recognize his voice. (I do hope they take this as an opportunity to rerecord the opening and finale units though, I dislike his voice and falsetto outside of his controversies.)

TsWade2

To be honest, CBBUS is a stupid show in my opinion. I'd admit that I guess what he did is wrong, but maybe it's just an over-exaggeration. And people doing cancel cultures is ridiculous. I'm sure Magic Happens is safe for God knows when it'll come back to Disneyland.

No Name

So I take it the guy’s not a model citizen… alright. His name, face, etc. isn’t on the parade and 99% of guests do not know or care who made the song. There’s no reason to change it and it won’t be changed. The song itself is a bop and that’s what matters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom