News New Parade: Magic Happens

BrianLo

So I'd usually hold out on these, but since I need something to tide myself over I caved.

I really, really like it. I'm surprised by the thread complaints. It's a really good mix of properties compared to the same old. So nice seeing Coco instead of Toy Story; Moana instead of Ariel. So many parades can feel samey based on the near mandatory property inclusion and this feels different.

I also really like the costumes. Thank goodness the fairy godmothers are face characters.

Paint the Night might be my all-time favourite parade with its soundtrack, this seems more like a daytime version of that.

(With the disclosure that Dreamlights has had +++ upgrades since I saw it last in person)

brb1006

Is it just me or did they just update Merlin's costume and beard in this parade since early March? I noticed his beard looks much thicker and his mouth is more visible compared to videos from February.

Last edited:

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
If they were reading this thread, they would find better music.

C4C2162E-FF94-438F-B191-CFD3B733DE00.jpeg

KJC21

MAGIC HAPPENS MONDAY! The cast of Magic Happens put together a little something special in hopes that they can keep the Magic alive for all the Disney Fans & Guests out there!

"From our Disneyland Parades family to yours... "it's time to remember that magic happens, if you just believe."

Through these unprecedented times, we wanted to keep spreading the magic. So, enjoy this lyrics video of the newly released Todrick song and dance and sing along with us! "

Phroobar

MAGIC HAPPENS MONDAY! The cast of Magic Happens put together a little something special in hopes that they can keep the Magic alive for all the Disney Fans & Guests out there!

"From our Disneyland Parades family to yours... "it's time to remember that magic happens, if you just believe."

Through these unprecedented times, we wanted to keep spreading the magic. So, enjoy this lyrics video of the newly released Todrick song and dance and sing along with us! "

I'm surprised Disney didn't use this in their Disney Sing Along show from last sunday.

TsWade2

I'm still upset that I never get a chance to see this in real life, because of that evil coronavirus!:mad: Yes, I know Disneyland is reopening next month, but because of that stupid social distancing. Now I'll never see the parade in real life, despite that I saw it on youtube. I hate 2020 already. This pandemic will never end.:cry:

Giss Neric

I'm still upset that I never get a chance to see this in real life, because of that evil coronavirus!:mad: Yes, I know Disneyland is reopening next month, but because of that stupid social distancing. Now I'll never see the parade in real life, despite that I saw it on youtube. I hate 2020 already. This pandemic will never end.:cry:
You never know. Once vaccines are readily available earlier than expected then we can see parades happening probably early next year. I wish it will be back this fall. It's still early and a lot could happen.

TsWade2

Since the layoffs and even if Disneyland reopens, I have feeling that Magic Happens will be gone forever. I'll never get to see that parade, because of that evil virus. :cry:

TP2000

Since the layoffs and even if Disneyland reopens, I have feeling that Magic Happens will be gone forever. I'll never get to see that parade, because of that evil virus. :cry:

As miserable and messy as everything is right now, and perhaps this is just my first glass of wine talking tonight, but I think once things come back they'll come back faster than we'd imagine. :)

The floats and costumes for Magic Happens all still exist, and are sitting nicely boxed up and wrapped in Anaheim warehouses and storerooms. They can hire a hundred dancers from Fullerton Junior College (Go Hornets!) with a snap of their fingers to perform in the parade. Magic Happens could return within 90 days of any return to normalcy in society later in 2022.

My long-term concern is that the trendy Drag Race 2018 style of this Todrick Hall presentation might not age well by 2022 or '23. Like trying to play 1978's Disco Duck in 1982. Sha-Blap!

Last edited:

TsWade2

As miserable and messy as everything is right now, and perhaps this is just my first glass of wine talking tonight, but I think once things come back they'll come back faster than we'd imagine. :)

The floats and costumes for Magic Happens all still exist, and are sitting nicely boxed up and wrapped in Anaheim warehouses and storerooms. They can hire a hundred dancers from Fullerton Junior College (Go Hornets!) with a snap of their fingers to perform in the parade. Magic Happens could return within 90 days of any return to normalcy in society later in 2022.

My long-term concern is that the trendy Drag Race 2018 style of this Todrick Hall presentation might not age well by 2022 or '23. Like trying to play 1978's Disco Duck in 1982. Sha-Blap!

I don't know if I want to wait that long, but thanks for trying to cheer me up.;)
I doubt they are gonna let a new, high budget parade that only ran for 3 weeks die in a warehouse.
Okay. Thanks. Sorry about that. I've just heard a lot of tweets talking about the fate of the parade when Disneyland is reopen saying it maybe gone forever. No sources, it's just doom and gloom tweeting, as usual.:rolleyes:

jrhwdw

I'm hoping for Mickey's Float/Music to be a Cavalcade when DL openes back up. DL should be able to do what MK is doing with Entertainment/Cavalcades Right? It would be more than just Bandtastic DL had to do around Soundsational & MSEP until ACF began in 2019

Giss Neric

They could do cavalcades like in MK but using the Magic Happens Floats but I guess those parade performers were probably let go also cause if there will be no parades what's the point.

It's so sad that this parade only lasted for two weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom