News New Parade: Magic Happens

waltography

You wished you may and wished you might, and today Disneyland made your dream come true. A virtual viewing of Magic Happens presented with a source audio music track and professionally-shot video.

I'm glad it has the source music; happen to be listening to the music right now in another tab! Here's to hoping they release the soundtrack on Spotify soon like they did with M&MRR.

VJ

I'm glad it has the source music; happen to be listening to the music right now in another tab! Here's to hoping they release the soundtrack on Spotify soon like they did with M&MRR.
Soundtrack, I wouldn't get my hopes up, but I've seen evidence that a single of the Magic Happens song itself (from the opening unit) could be released. The only question left is when.

Sailor310

Boy, I'm not big fan of DL's parades and from everything on here, I expected to dislike this thing. I liked it. Found the music catchy, beautiful colors.

Magic Feather

The more I reflect on this parade, I think that I have discovered my main two issues with it.
1. This parade effectively boils down to 5 units (the finale could arguably count as two, despite clearly being intended as one), which feels makes the parade feel short/small.
2. The music for the finale unit (which is about 1/4 of the parade) doesn't even use the main theme at all. Despite having a slightly similar tone, their are very different, almost jarring.

Giss Neric

The more I reflect on this parade, I think that I have discovered my main two issues with it.
1. This parade effectively boils down to 5 units (the finale could arguably count as two, despite clearly being intended as one), which feels makes the parade feel short/small.
2. The music for the finale unit (which is about 1/4 of the parade) doesn't even use the main theme at all. Despite having a slightly similar tone, their are very different, almost jarring.
I prefer the music for the finale unit than the Magic Happens theme though. I do agree that if they added at least 2 more floats then it would not seem as short.

TwilightZone

I prefer the music for the finale unit than the Magic Happens theme though. I do agree that if they added at least 2 more floats then it would not seem as short.
I feel like the two songs should have been swapped. Finale theme for the main parade, main theme for the finale. Would be a bit better that way imo.

Emmanuel

7F9FFCF7-5331-4AF6-BC6B-961792665A80.jpeg

Disney has officially released the theme for the parade

VJ

The finale song uses the intro of the main theme in the beginning.

VJ

Phroobar

Disney was apparently reading this thread... the Disney Parks Blog posted the lyrics.

If they were reading this thread, they would find better music.

Disney Analyst

As @VJ posted at the top of this page, Disney posted a full video of the parade with the source audio. If you want to get the full parade source audio just use a Youtube to MP3 application.

(Nothing to do with your post, just the link)

And let’s look at the ratio on that video. 592K views, 9.8K likes to 108 dislikes. 607 comments, none of which I can find anything negative. Tons of comments raving about the soundtrack.

It’s like Disney knows what the market wants and this board is not a good place to gauge that. ;) I freaking love this soundtrack. (Dances around my house)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom