News New Parade: Magic Happens

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Clearly most of the commenters on here haven’t actually seen the parade in person. The “attitude” faces were just for a press photo. The dancers are on the route smiling just like they would for any other Disney parade. The soundtrack is different from what we’re used to, but it really works for this parade. It’s a welcome change, in my opinion.

You mean there’s our of touch commentators on here that don’t know what they’re talking about? That can’t be!

Erich

Does anyone know the lyrics to the main song? There's a few I just can't understand whatsoever.
The song goes like:
You wish you may you wish you might...
magic happens.
Dreams were made to then come true?

After this, it completely loses me. The next lyrics sound like:
When you pull someone like you.
Stability of which takes you.

any help here?

VJ

Does anyone know the lyrics to the main song? There's a few I just can't understand whatsoever.
The song goes like:
You wish you may you wish you might...
magic happens.
Dreams were made to then come true?

After this, it completely loses me. The next lyrics sound like:
When you pull someone like you.
Stability of which takes you.

any help here?
here's what me and my friend came up with.
(?) indicates "i'm not sure if this is the right word" and [???] indicates "i have absolutely no clue what this part could be"
(ETA 3/22/20: Lyrics are now complete and accurate!)

INTRO:
This is the anthem
Here's what you came for
This is the moment
Magic was made for

Come one, come all
Let's light up the sky now
You feel the magic
Happening right now

Calling all dreamers
Time to let your mind run free
To believe in make believe
To be who you wanna be

Calling all dreamers
A celebration in the street
And the sights you're gonna see
Far beyond your wildest dreams

Well, you don't need wings to take flight
Magic don't stop! at midnight
So hold on tight, enjoy the ride

(CHORUS)
Cause you can reach for the stars in broad daylight
Heart, there's a spark you just can't fight
You wish you may, you wish you might
Well, magic happens

Dreams were made to make come true
Waiting for someone like you
Just a bibbidi-bobbidi-boo and
Magic happens

That's when (that's when)
Magic (magic)
Happens (happens)
Whoah-oah

That's when (that's when)
Magic (magic)
Happens (happens)
Whoah-oah

A simple wish, it just takes
A true love's kiss, and spells break
A shooting star, to catch your eye, yeah
You don't need wings to take flight
Magic don't stop at midnight
So hold on tight, enjoy the ride

(CHORUS)

Last edited:

Phroobar

Did a slow seventh grader write this for english class?

It sure ain't the Sherman brothers.

How many times do they have to use the millennial whoop in this song?

Last edited:

NateD1226

Original Poster
Did a slow seventh grader write this for english class?

It sure ain't the Sherman brothers.

How many times do they have to use the millennial whoop in this song?
It's supposed to be a pop song. Almost all of the pop songs today suck with no originality.There are only a few that actually sound good. So I wasn't expecting much in music

No Name

This doesn’t sound like modern pop songs, sounds mid-2000s ish with serous HSM vibes, the height of Disney channel. Y’all are old farts who don’t like any of it though. I can assure you it has its fans and this forum is not the target audience.

I always interpreted Main Street to be an old town preserved and set in the present day, in which conflicting vibes like the Main Street architecture and the parade music play off each other just fine. Helps I don’t hate the music but I understand some do.

There was a parade, Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It!, in Magic Kingdom, that the folks on the main forum generally dislike, and that’s my favorite parade of all time. It used remixed Hannah Montana and Corbin Bleu songs, with floats that didn’t fit the style of Main Street at all either, yet it was popular, and I loved it.

brb1006

This doesn’t sound like modern pop songs, sounds mid-2000s ish with serous HSM vibes, the height of Disney channel. Y’all are old farts who don’t like any of it though. I can assure you it has its fans and this forum is not the target audience.

I always interpreted Main Street to be an old town preserved and set in the present day, in which conflicting vibes like the Main Street architecture and the parade music play off each other just fine. Helps I don’t hate the music but I understand some do.

There was a parade, Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It!, in Magic Kingdom, that the folks on the main forum generally dislike, and that’s my favorite parade of all time. It used remixed Hannah Montana and Corbin Bleu songs, with floats that didn’t fit the style of Main Street at all either, yet it was popular, and I loved it.
Movie It! Shake It! doesn't count as a parade.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Except it only runs down Main Street and not the full parade route.

That's a rather arbitrary way to define a parade, namely, it doesn't take a route other parades do.

That's like saying the Festival of Fantasy isn't a parade because it doesn't go down Fifth Ave. in NYC, which is *the* parade route.

It has it's own route.

Squishy

That's a rather arbitrary way to define a parade, namely, it doesn't take a route other parades do.

That's like saying the Festival of Fantasy isn't a parade because it doesn't go down Fifth Ave. in NYC, which is *the* parade route.

It has it's own route.
Thats why Festival of Fantasy isn't a parade either.. It's a festival.

waltography

I happen to be right in the sweet spot for what this parade's targeting so I really liked it from first watch. The music's catchy enough that I've started using the chorus to time 20 seconds while washing my hands.

Wish it had more aesthetic cohesiveness like Sound did, but I think the floats are still beautiful nevertheless. The poor dancers with some of those costumes, though; it's got to be having the same problems PTN did with uncomfy costumes.

RynierBlack95

You can reach for the stars in broad daylight
Heart, there’s a spark you just can’t fight
When you wish you may and wish you might then
Magic Happens

Just a bibbity bobbity boo and
Magic Happens

VJ

You can reach for the stars in broad daylight
Heart, there’s a spark you just can’t fight
When you wish you may and wish you might then
Magic Happens

Just a bibbity bobbity boo and
Magic Happens

tenor.gif

Thanks to both of you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom