New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

danheaton

I think it's possibly something more than just people waiting for Galaxy's Edge. I've been wondering for the past few years when the higher prices and cutbacks would scare away some guests. It's hardly that simple, but I think Disney has pushed increased prices while cutting costs (as we saw with the longer lines due to Ops cuts in January). Galaxy's Edge will still draw huge crowds, but that doesn't mean the decisions that Disney has made will be good for the resort long-term.

TOCPE82

I think it's possibly something more than just people waiting for Galaxy's Edge. I've been wondering for the past few years when the higher prices and cutbacks would scare away some guests. It's hardly that simple, but I think Disney has pushed increased prices while cutting costs (as we saw with the longer lines due to Ops cuts in January). Galaxy's Edge will still draw huge crowds, but that doesn't mean the decisions that Disney has made will be good for the resort long-term.

Disney has pushed the envelope so much with their price increases and tapping any and every possible revenue stream that a backlash is inevitable.

I know I'm not that ideal customer, but I already go less than I did five or even 10 years ago. I know several people who used to go once a year who go every two or three now.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Exactly. You’d think Aug-Sept. has never been the slow season before. But it’s more likely people delaying vacations until after SW:GE is open.

You’re still over a year away from SWGE opening. People haven’t event started planning for a 2019 Disney vacation yet. I certainly hope that they’re not attributing this slowdown due to that and not the record cost and crummy experience that guest surveys are supposedly recording. Because if that’s the case we are in for a rough 2019, especially when they raise the ticket prices in the fall and AP rates in February.

I work with a casting director that brings in dance grouos/performers useing a government-subsidized work thing. Disney casting hires all the actss for harambe through this company useing all foreign performers. This entertainment is actually strangely enough government-subsidized so I doubt you'd be seeing any of that African performers cut they're cheaper to pay for labor wise versus an American.

The Empress Lilly

I work with a casting director that brings in dance grouos/performers useing a government-subsidized work thing. Disney casting hires all the actss for harambe through this company useing all foreign performers. This entertainment is actually strangely enough government-subsidized so I doubt you'd be seeing any of that African performers cut they're cheaper to pay for labor wise versus an American.
Ah, so that's why there are four thousand of them but not two shamans.

ColdSarsaparilla

Disney has pushed the envelope so much with their price increases and tapping any and every possible revenue stream that a backlash is inevitable.

I know I'm not that ideal customer, but I already go less than I did five or even 10 years ago. I know several people who used to go once a year who go every two or three now.

Ditto :confused:

Epcot82Guy

I hate this stupid company so much. And yet they own me. It’s pathetic.

I used to say that, too. Sadly it finally tipped. Going from an AP visiting 4-5 times a year to planning a trip once every 2-3 years. They are clearly going after some other demographic now - so happy to spend the money and time elsewhere. I say that only so you too can break free from the shackles of ownership! :p

I am Timmy

Just read Disney is introducing date based ticket pricing in Oct. How much more will tickets cost this way? On top of losing so much entertainment? This RoL news is particularly sad, we enjoy this show for it's gentle, artistic, story. What will the story be now? From DW website:
"Spirited Storytelling
Mysteriously, the show’s “storytellers” never utter a word. Instead, they communicate volumes through fascinating forms of authentic Asian dance, music, song and shadow puppetry."
And didn't they make this an option for a dining package only a couple years ago? Why would they showcase it like that only to take away a central element to the show? I wish the decision makers would stop sniffing glue.

Cesar R M

Cuts are across the board. They aren’t singling our Animal Kingdom. All non revenue generating business units are being mandated to cut operating expenses.
I read that they are also cutting the citizens of Hollywood at DHS and also Citizens of Main Street at MK.. is that correct?

Will they remove the dancers and singers as well? (like the Dapper Dans or the Citizen singer show?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom