New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Cliff

Yes.

It appears as though all non-revenue generating business units must find a way to cut operating expenses by some percentage.

The Shamen ARE the show! I mean,....who is conjuring up the animal spirits now? So they are going to run empty boats? Seriously?

How much do pirate anamatronics cost to maintain? No worries,...just take them out of Pirates of the Caribbean. Who needs them anyway?

My God....taking the most important element out of Rivers of Light and trying to run an empty show without them is the single most asinine idea I have ever seen Disney come up with.

It is astonishingly bad!! Its just mindblowingly stupid!!!!

cjkeating

Here....I feature the Shamen and Acolytes VERY prominently in my video. I never ever thought they would go away from the show!!

Thank you for making this video, I have watched it so many times and noticed details you can miss in the show if you aren't looking in the right direction at the right time.

At least we will have this to remember the show by in the future.

note2001

Here....I feature the Shamen and Acolytes VERY prominently in my video. I never ever thought they would go away from the show!!

In order to cover the week, Disney must employ about 8 shamen total plus the folk in black on those shamen boats... say, another 4 people. If they drop the boats entirely, they've just saved on employing 12 people?

Kills me that they had so much trouble getting this show to open and then had some difficulties, but now that it's pretty near perfect they take an axe to it.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'm one of those initial detractors for RoL as it wasn't that good when it opened. The tried to re use the Fantasmic water fans for projections, the animal floats only had this horrid orange internal lighting, and the giant zippy tower was a moment. I took my mother and wife to the RoL dessert party on the 7th and we all enjoyed the new changes.

Sorry it took them so long to get all of the kinks knocked out of the performance, but I guess the prior complaints drowned out what it's become.

trainplane3

I seem to remember you mentioning over at MouseBits that you spent $8k on that lens. I laughed but when I watched the RoE video, I couldn't believe it. Just so sharp but still picking up all of the lighting bits that most videos miss out on. And the RoL video was just as amazing since you picked up so much detail.

That stupidly good setup you have and Martin should team up one day.

Jeremy Geertsema

I sent an email to guest services. I know it won't do anything, but if many people do so, hopefully they acknowledge that people are disappointed. So I implore everyone who is disappointed to do the same.

I'm really mad about this decision. After the show has had such a long history of criticism, they cut the key element of the show. There really is no purpose in the boats if the shamans are not on them.

wdrive

In order to cover the week, Disney must employ about 8 shamen total plus the folk in black on those shamen boats... say, another 4 people. If they drop the boats entirely, they've just saved on employing 12 people?

Kills me that they had so much trouble getting this show to open and then had some difficulties, but now that it's pretty near perfect they take an axe to it.

All the backstage personal too. The performers don't just show up for work and walk straight to the boat.

note2001

All the backstage personal too. The performers don't just show up for work and walk straight to the boat.
So true. I assume they need to keep the show director (not sure of their position title) on as well as staff for a fire boat, etc however, none of those positions require makeup or costuming.

JohnD

Cuts are across the board. They aren’t singling our Animal Kingdom. All non revenue generating business units are being mandated to cut operating expenses.

As I just pointed out above, they could be losing potential revenue (ie spending for a ROL dining package) due to this “non-revenue” cut. Congratulations, WDW, you just found a way to lose money on both sides of the ledger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom