New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

GlacierGlacier

Did anyone see the show last night who can tell me how depressing it was?
Just finished tonight's show. Shamans being absent is noticable in the Pre-Show, but during the show itself it is only recognizable if you've seen the last version.

An interesting note is that while the shaman boats had pilots on them in the last version, they do not anymore. Probably because there's no actors to sorry about if the boat gets stuck.

dreamfinder912

Did anyone see the show last night who can tell me how depressing it was?

I was there. It was beautiful. Both sides of the theatre had places sectioned off for friends and family of the performers, and there were pockets of us normal people who happen to love the show. Those of us who knew cheered when the shamans appeared, when they boarded their boats, during the show, and especially at the end. We stood. The very VERY confused tourists around us didn't. Friday and Saturday nights both had some tearful farewells at the end when the shamans left their boats. I guess from the outside it was a normal show, but it was pretty special to me.

FigmentJedi

Just finished tonight's show. Shamans being absent is noticable in the Pre-Show, but during the show itself it is only recognizable if you've seen the last version.

An interesting note is that while the shaman boats had pilots on them in the last version, they do not anymore. Probably because there's no actors to sorry about if the boat gets stuck.
It also stands out when you see the pre-recorded Shaman shadows without actual Shamans "casting" them.

GlacierGlacier

wait...they're leaving the projections on without the shamans there?
Yes. Projections and sound effects are active during the show.

Interestingly, the lanterns that the assistant shamans would hold and then mount to the boat are nowhere to be seen. I would've liked for them to be permanently attached to the boat, but who knows the technical complexities associated with that.

Sonconato

The last time my family and I went to MK, it took 45 minutes to get to Grand Floridian from there on the boat...and that was before HEA. That is less than a half mile away! In AK, they cut the hours of Kilimanjaro Safaris to end at 6:30 (which has not happened in four years) so it is nearly impossible to get fastpasses for it. On top of that, the crowds are so congested you can barely breathe, and when you can, you are assaulted with a stroller or an ECV. To get away from this mess occasionally, we all bought annual passes to SeaWorld two weeks ago. So far, the Christmas shows and decorations are far better than what Disney has now and the crowds are nothing like Disney these days. In this short time period, we have taken advantage of an exclusive lounge with free soft drinks and each of us received this $8 pin for free:
IMG_4465.JPG

We also noticed that they do something that Disney did away with a few years back:
IMG_4464[1].JPG

Five years ago, they had to recover from Blackfish. In addition, the renewal rate for a Platinum Pass at Disney for us as Floridians is $614.52 a person, but for an equivalent at SeaWorld it is $178.79.

Br’er Rabbit

The last time my family and I went to MK, it took 45 minutes to get to Grand Floridian from there on the boat...and that was before HEA. That is less than a half mile away! In AK, they cut the hours of Kilimanjaro Safaris to end at 6:30 (which has not happened in four years) so it is nearly impossible to get fastpasses for it. On top of that, the crowds are so congested you can barely breathe, and when you can, you are assaulted with a stroller or an ECV. To get away from this mess occasionally, we all bought annual passes to SeaWorld two weeks ago. So far, the Christmas shows and decorations are far better than what Disney has now and the crowds are nothing like Disney these days. In this short time period, we have taken advantage of an exclusive lounge with free soft drinks and each of us received this $8 pin for free:
View attachment 330254
We also noticed that they do something that Disney did away with a few years back:
View attachment 330257
Five years ago, they had to recover from Blackfish. In addition, the renewal rate for a Platinum Pass at Disney for us as Floridians is $614.52 a person, but for an equivalent at SeaWorld it is $178.79.

Thanks Sea World marketing!

Sonconato

We spent two back to back 13 hour days at Seaworld this year. They were the most enjoyable days of the trip.
I'm glad. Of course I'll still go to Disney, but just less. I want to thank you again for all your wonderful videos, as my son and I often go back and watch them over and over again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom