New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

180º

The show cannot continue to rely on hit or miss technology.

Replacing the fire house mist backdrop would be a huge start.

I’ve seen a flawless show and it was technically stunning. I’ve also seen a weather affected show that was very poor. This is not a company who used to be happy with effects that were not consistent. The mist wall is not a second or third tier effect. It is an integral part of the story and show. Years of research went into the Fant! mist screens to perfect them. They are how they are for a reason.
The mist screen issues were confounding to be sure. But I’m still most aghast that the centerpiece of the show was missing. Not malfunctioning. Not replaced. Missing. Is there any precedent to running the show without the central lotus?

cjkeating

The mist screen issues were confounding to be sure. But I’m still most aghast that the centerpiece of the show was missing. Not malfunctioning. Not replaced. Missing. Is there any precedent to running the show without the central lotus?

I agree with what you are saying however I think I would personally rather see a show without the main lotus as opposed to have the show cancelled.

cjkeating

I've seen ROL twice and I love it.

My first showing *Sometime in February of 2017 right after it offically debuted* was amazing and i fell in love with the show and its message.

My second showing *Nov 30th 2017, First showing of the night* was great too, loved the pantomime performers that walked through the stadium 15 minutes before it started, the lantern where you could pose for a picture was cute too, only thing bad was there where only 3 lotuses on the water that night, there's usually 4.

Really sad though to see ROL have some bad performances as it is a really cute show and is so fitting to the park. It's my favorite park, and i'm so glad i can end it with this.

I think we might have seen the same show! I saw ROL three times between 25th November to 7th December. First and third show were 'flawless' from what I could tell whereas the second show had a missing lotus.

cjkeating

We saw the show for the first time a couple weeks ago and were very impressed. Loved it.

I am not sure why the rumors are swirling about a re-work of Rivers Of Light to include characters. We thought the show was great as is. I mean, Illuminations does not have Disney Characters so why would Rivers Of Light need characters?

I agree.

I went in with in trepidation after reading the reviews on the forum however I really enjoyed it and felt it fitted the park perfectly and the audience reaction seemed positive from conversations I heard as we left.

No Name

We saw the show for the first time a couple weeks ago and were very impressed. Loved it.

I am not sure why the rumors are swirling about a re-work of Rivers Of Light to include characters. We thought the show was great as is. I mean, Illuminations does not have Disney Characters so why would Rivers Of Light need characters?

Because it's Disneyworld and movie characters are the only thing that's "Disney." Duh??

brb1006

Probably because it was reported that it was doing poorly with preschool aged children which is the key demographic for the company which might be another reason why they wanted to add characters.

The Empress Lilly

So to hopefully follow better internet etiquette (sorry Jack Sparrow thread), the shamans have been cut from RoL, their final performance is September 29
What the....no way....the shamans make the show! RoL finally came unto its own when the shamans walked through the audience stands.

Dang it now. I seem to be among the few who actually love this new nighttime show (I'll take it over HEA anytime!) TDO seems hellbent on destroying everything that made WDW great and that the fans hold dear. But now they can't even keep their dirty coin-counting fingers off the new stuff too?

cjkeating

What the....no way....the shamans make the show! RoL finally came unto its own when the shamans walked through the audience stands.

Dang it now. I seem to be among the few who actually love this new nighttime show (I'll take it over HEA anytime!) TDO seems hellbent on destroying everything that made WDW great and that the fans hold dear. But now they can't even keep their dirty coin-counting fingers off the new stuff too?

There are loads of ROL fans out there... sometimes the same old detractors are just quite loud about it on here.

I'm with you on preferring it to HEA.

dreamfinder912

They're my favorite part too. I adore RoL, and I'm handling this news about as well as a teenager handles a breakup. :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom