New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

prfctlyximprct

The only time in my entire life of visiting wdw that I had someone else yell at me and try to start an altercation was with a mother who was from new jersey. Me and my friend were sitting in the crowd for the jungle book show minding our own business and talking quietly to each other about how the show wasn't viewed favorably and BOY did that set her off. "WHY ARE YOU HERE IF YOU HATE DISNEY, MY DAUGHTER IS HERE AND YOU'RE BEING (insert curse word) GO ON TELL HIM HONEY TELL IM HE'S BEING A (Insert curse word). Mind you her daughter was nowhere near beyond the age of 10 and she was telling her to tell me a 20 something year old stranger that I was a word she probably should not say. I asked politely for her to calm down and simply explained me and my friend were having a private conversation to which she then got angrier so other guests at that point had enough and called for a cm. To which they told her she either had to calm down or leave her seating. She really sold me on how great a place new jersey must be.:rolleyes:

HEY IM FROM NJ!! :p

HauntedMansionFLA

Okay, James Cameron and Joe rhode will be in town November 20 for an Avatar update at CR. Then they head over to DAK for activities that start at 8:00 p.m. Maybe they will showcase it to them and all of the other people attending the event.
My cousin who is Rivers of light crew, of course they have been called to technical rehearsals several times before with no show opening

prfctlyximprct

84923FAD-1F6D-4899-B9D7-CC3E538BE12A_zpsjxxsvcma.png

Cesar R M

The only time in my entire life of visiting wdw that I had someone else yell at me and try to start an altercation was with a mother who was from new jersey. Me and my friend were sitting in the crowd for the jungle book show minding our own business and talking quietly to each other about how the show wasn't viewed favorably and BOY did that set her off. "WHY ARE YOU HERE IF YOU HATE DISNEY, MY DAUGHTER IS HERE AND YOU'RE BEING (insert curse word) GO ON TELL HIM HONEY TELL IM HE'S BEING A (Insert curse word). Mind you her daughter was nowhere near beyond the age of 10 and she was telling her to tell me a 20 something year old stranger that I was a word she probably should not say. I asked politely for her to calm down and simply explained me and my friend were having a private conversation to which she then got angrier so other guests at that point had enough and called for a cm. To which they told her she either had to calm down or leave her seating. She really sold me on how great a place new jersey must be.:rolleyes:
Was she accompanied by a Guido husband?
That would be hilarious to see the combo.

Tony the Tigger

Very glad I grew up in New Jersey. And very glad I left.

You get a great "life education" there. At least, you have the opportunity to do so. Close to NYC, living among all kinds of people, there's a "street smarts" awareness you develop. It gives you an edge and a leg up vs. some other parts of the country. You can experience cities, suburbs, the shore, and the sticks. And it's fast-paced (probably the thing that makes living in FL a little difficult for me, because people never move fast enough - drivers, workers, etc.)

My love of the shore and the summer is what prompted me to move to the Fort Lauderdale area. The beach is not the same here (no atmosphere or character, no boardwalk - although the water is cleaner and warmer - and there are no real waves to speak of unless a hurricane or tropical storm is in the works somewhere out in the Caribbean.)

Now, after almost 20 years down here, Jersey seems a little too rat-race, a little too congested. But I'm glad to have been brought up there rather than here.

And I have such an appreciation for rarely being cold, never having to shovel snow, drive on ice. It just adds to daily life enjoyment.

Heading up a few days after Thanksgiving to visit the family, possibly the last time I will see my Grandma (the most important person in my early life.)

And then to WDW from 12/13 to 15 which is why I'm following this thread again - in case I need to try to make a quick FP reservation for RoL!

21stamps

Very glad I grew up in New Jersey. And very glad I left.

You get a great "life education" there. At least, you have the opportunity to do so. Close to NYC, living among all kinds of people, there's a "street smarts" awareness you develop. It gives you an edge and a leg up vs. some other parts of the country. You can experience cities, suburbs, the shore, and the sticks. And it's fast-paced (probably the thing that makes living in FL a little difficult for me, because people never move fast enough - drivers, workers, etc.)

My love of the shore and the summer is what prompted me to move to the Fort Lauderdale area. The beach is not the same here (no atmosphere or character, no boardwalk - although the water is cleaner and warmer - and there are no real waves to speak of unless a hurricane or tropical storm is in the works somewhere out in the Caribbean.)

Now, after almost 20 years down here, Jersey seems a little too rat-race, a little too congested. But I'm glad to have been brought up there rather than here.

And I have such an appreciation for rarely being cold, never having to shovel snow, drive on ice. It just adds to daily life enjoyment.

Heading up a few days after Thanksgiving to visit the family, possibly the last time I will see my Grandma (the most important person in my early life.)

And then to WDW from 12/13 to 15 which is why I'm following this thread again - in case I need to try to make a quick FP reservation for RoL!
You have the Boardwalk in Hollywood now. :)..not quite the same though.

So many of my favorite memories are in Wildwood and Cape May. I loved spending summers there as a child. I think that's why I love Fun Spot in Orlando, the rides take me to the boardwalk...if only they had a tram car and taffy ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom