New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Tony the Tigger

You have the Boardwalk in Hollywood now. :)..not quite the same though.

So many of my favorite memories are in Wildwood and Cape May. I loved spending summers there as a child. I think that's why I love Fun Spot in Orlando, the rides take me to the boardwalk...if only they had a tram car and taffy ;)

"Watch the tramcar please...W-W-Watch the tramcar please..."

When I was younger, someone in the family would usually get a house for the summer in Lavalette, Ortley, etc. Sometimes it was just a couple of weeks in a hotel, but usually a house. Definitely some of my best memories as well.

Later, we started going to Wildwood, for shorter trips, though.

Prom weekend...we all drove down after Prom. This was a good 3.5 hour drive from the Union Township/Newark area. Three hours into that drive, my date told me she was seeing someone else. A half hour after arriving, she asked me to take her home (like it was around the corner.) Of course, I did. And I drove right back down. 10 hours of driving. Then there was this bottle of Southern Comfort, as I sat in the middle of a room telling this story. Then I woke up in the back seat of my own car LOL. (No I didn't drive, I just went to sleep there, too crowded in the rooms.)

Anyway, good for Sandy, because I was in the closet, anyway. LOL.

Eventually, age 20, I bought a condo in Woodbridge and would take little trips to Sandy Hook before going to work at 2 in the afternoon. I never got enough beach days. And then my friends and I started going to LBI every year.

Down here, we pretty much only go to the beach when company comes, and I can ride my bicycle there from my house LOL.

Disneyson

Perhaps they'll open it at Destination D on the 20th. The theme is "Amazing Adventures", with focus on Adventureland, Moana, and Animal Kingdom, so maybe they'll grand finale with the first public showing of RoL...

Jones14

The boats have to arrive at the beginning of the show when it runs, so for them to be in their backstage positions implies that some sort of showing, be it a rehearsal, soft opening, etc. is happening. If they're docked, that's a good indication that nothing will be happening that night.

HauntedMansionFLA

I do wonder how the hours will work once Rivers of Light opens. right now the park is only opened till 7, will that still be the case when it opens?
I assume they will have two to three showings per night during the Holiday season since this would be the newest offerings. BUT that's if it opens.............and right now no one has any idea.

Rsj88

The boats have to arrive at the beginning of the show when it runs, so for them to be in their backstage positions implies that some sort of showing, be it a rehearsal, soft opening, etc. is happening. If they're docked, that's a good indication that nothing will be happening that night.

Trying so hard not to get excited by this! We arrive on the 26th and I have been trying to convince myself that it probably wasn't going to be ready. I check this thread way too often. I don't know what I will do when ROL actually opens!

21stamps

I assume they will have two to three showings per night during the Holiday season since this would be the newest offerings. BUT that's if it opens.............and right now no one has any idea.
What do you think about end of November/beginning of December? Would they need to change from 7pm?
I'm selfishly hoping for a 6:45 or earlier show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom