New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

wishiwere@wdw

I have missed stalking this project! Still here until the 13th but am not holding my breath. I've heard April 2017. So if it opens anytime before that... I am hopping on the next flight to Orlando and hugging that lotus flower. I will continue the stalking when I return! Looks like this thread got nasty!
44DF0290-B6E6-4A1F-A2CB-20EA36F74D6E_zpszoy5dcjp.jpg

Breaking in for you! The golden monkey made me do it!
Wait... they have Golden Monkey at Animal Kingdom?!? Now I have a reason to go back :).

TTA94

Depending what issues they are still having and if they are small minor issues, they should just open now (soft open) and have the official opening take place in the spring when they know for sure the show will be 100% operational with no issues.

TTA94

Just noticed DAKs closing time adjusts to 7:30pm from 7pm starting the 20th... wish that meant something lol.

The 20th is also that so called "park gathering" at 8pm for the D23 event.

mguimond1990

Just noticed DAKs closing time adjusts to 7:30pm from 7pm starting the 20th... wish that meant something lol.

The 20th is also that so called "park gathering" at 8pm for the D23 event.
I think that's just because it's thanksgiving week. I'll be there the week after and it's still showing 7pm for a closing time :/

HauntedMansionFLA

At animal kingdom right now, having breakfast with the howler mobiles and a bunch of baby duckies. No word on RoL other than a bus driver (lol I know) try to tell me it's not opening until next year. Grain of salt, obviously.

It's a beautiful day here!!! Anyone else around?
Great you are having excellent weather. If ROL is going to be delayed till next year, Disney should do itself a favor and make an official announcement before the Holiday crowds hit the parks thinking the show will be ready to go. I'll be there the first of December. I want a top quality show but want it to be safe for everyone involved and to Disney's standard. Thanks for the information and enjoy yourself at. WDW.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
At animal kingdom right now, having breakfast with the howler mobiles and a bunch of baby duckies. No word on RoL other than a bus driver (lol I know) try to tell me it's not opening until next year. Grain of salt, obviously.

It's a beautiful day here!!! Anyone else around?
I'll laugh if the bus driver is actually RIGHT!!!!

Sped2424

Jersey week is no joke . These crowds suck.
The only time in my entire life of visiting wdw that I had someone else yell at me and try to start an altercation was with a mother who was from new jersey. Me and my friend were sitting in the crowd for the jungle book show minding our own business and talking quietly to each other about how the show wasn't viewed favorably and BOY did that set her off. "WHY ARE YOU HERE IF YOU HATE DISNEY, MY DAUGHTER IS HERE AND YOU'RE BEING (insert curse word) GO ON TELL HIM HONEY TELL IM HE'S BEING A (Insert curse word). Mind you her daughter was nowhere near beyond the age of 10 and she was telling her to tell me a 20 something year old stranger that I was a word she probably should not say. I asked politely for her to calm down and simply explained me and my friend were having a private conversation to which she then got angrier so other guests at that point had enough and called for a cm. To which they told her she either had to calm down or leave her seating. She really sold me on how great a place new jersey must be.:rolleyes:

LukeS7

The only time in my entire life of visiting wdw that I had someone else yell at me and try to start an altercation was with a mother who was from new jersey. Me and my friend were sitting in the crowd for the jungle book show minding our own business and talking quietly to each other about how the show wasn't viewed favorably and BOY did that set her off. "WHY ARE YOU HERE IF YOU HATE DISNEY, MY DAUGHTER IS HERE AND YOU'RE BEING (insert curse word) GO ON TELL HIM HONEY TELL IM HE'S BEING A (Insert curse word). Mind you her daughter was nowhere near beyond the age of 10 and she was telling her to tell me a 20 something year old stranger that I was a word she probably should not say. I asked politely for her to calm down and simply explained me and my friend were having a private conversation to which she then got angrier so other guests at that point had enough and called for a cm. To which they told her she either had to calm down or leave her seating. She really sold me on how great a place new jersey must be.:rolleyes:
Yep, that about sums it up.

Sincerely,
A Pennsylvania native that just moved to Jersey (had to for work)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom