New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Old Mouseketeer

It was my understanding that the track is only used for the Centre door and Coronation Platform. The Stairs are remote controlled or autonomous. The stairs come far forward of where the track ends during Let It Go, as well the turntable isn't what spins the stairs, it is the platform itself the stairs are attached to. It could not do that spin if attached to a track. The sled is also Autonomous.

Thank you. Saw it this week and noted the rotating of the stairs. Also, there is a second door that moves on a round pad.

JAMMYD778

I'm hearing through Twitter that a few of the floats (namely the Owl and Tiger ones) are currently in situ on Discovery River, so maybe testing has once again begun (can't guarantee that this information is correct, anyone else heard anything or at the park today?). Hopefully the problems are slowly being worked out.

Last edited:

TTA94

I'm hearing through Twitter that a few of the floats (namely the Owl and Tiger ones) are currently in situ on Discovery River, so maybe testing has once again begun (can't guarantee that this information is correct, anyone else heard anything or at the park today?). Hopefully the problems are slowly being worked out.

Hopefully a good sign!

djlaosc

I hear significant progress has been made.

I wonder if September 6th is looking more likely?

Jungle Book FP+ only goes until September 5th (we have one on that night). That would give them just less than 7 weeks of testing to make sure that everything would be running correctly (and would also save IT from having to try to cancel everyone's Fastpasses or trying to get the system to exchange them all and all the Dining Packages for a Rivers of Light FP+/Dining Package.)...

BriEcho3194

Did anyone happen to catch any pictures? I'm just curious to see if things are really coming together

prfctlyximprct

7424B2A8-E780-4128-B5BF-B5D0C6C6D20E_zpsekscepdy.png

natatomic

I saw many floats out on the water today, and a turtle float was being brought out as well.

DisneyRoy

Maybe there's hope that it rolls out early, maybe next month. But I'm assuming that's still a little farfetched.

I bet you it stays until September 5th since it is scheduled out that far. No reason to roll it out early. Especially with the problems they originally had with an announced date. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if this just rolls out on September 6th without much fanfare.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom