New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

tnemgif

With the limited seating available , I'd be surprised if the seating area will be used for anything other than fp+ and dining packages.
Most of the dining options at AK are close to being fully booked by now, though. So unless Tiffins offers a dining package, I'm not sure this will be an issue for the first few weeks.

djkidkaz

AK is open until 6:30 or 7 until April 22nd currently. With daylight savings it's still bright at around 7:30, but by 8 it's dark enough to do the show. There has been talk of numerous shows a night, so I'm thinking 8 and 8:30 with the park closing at 9. I would be surprised to see AK stay open past 9 as there has to be some downtime for the animals.

CaptainAmerica

AK is open until 6:30 or 7 until April 22nd currently. With daylight savings it's still bright at around 7:30, but by 8 it's dark enough to do the show. There has been talk of numerous shows a night, so I'm thinking 8 and 8:30 with the park closing at 9.
8:00 and 8:30 seems way too tight back-to-back. Doesn't leave enough time to empty and fill the theater.

I would be surprised to see AK stay open past 9 as there has to be some downtime for the animals.
It doesn't really work that way with the animals. The animals that are out at night won't be the same animals that are out during the day (for the most part). It'll be different species and different members of the daytime species.

ToTBellHop

AK is open until 6:30 or 7 until April 22nd currently. With daylight savings it's still bright at around 7:30, but by 8 it's dark enough to do the show. There has been talk of numerous shows a night, so I'm thinking 8 and 8:30 with the park closing at 9. I would be surprised to see AK stay open past 9 as there has to be some downtime for the animals.
Sunset on 4/22 is 7:55 pm. First show won't be til 9. 9, 10, 11 is the tightest window they would dare, if not 9, 10:30, 12.

CaptainAmerica

No. 9 and 10:30.

It's sunny at 7:30. No nighttime spectaculars occur before 9 pm from late April thru late August.

No. In the past Fantasmic is usually at 9:00pm and 10:30pm during the summer. Now, 7:30pm and 9:00pm isn't uncommon during the winter months.
Good call. Sometimes I forget that Florida is at least 30 minutes worth of sunlight "west" of what I'm used to in New England.

CaptainAmerica

Heck, we also get about 15 minutes more daylight than my hometown back in North Carolina. And that's straight up the coast; its an interesting thing when you really think about it
Psychologically, people assume the coast runs north-south but it's really at more of a 45 degree angle running northeast-southwest. If you get on I-95 South in Boston and drive to New York, you're going west almost the whole time.

ToTBellHop

Heck, we also get about 15 minutes more daylight than my hometown back in North Carolina. And that's straight up the coast; its an interesting thing when you really think about it
FL is further west. Sunrise is always surprisingly late when we go to FL, especially in the summer when the sunrise time is 5 am up here in CT! I'll tell you what, though, the ~6 pm sunsets in winter feel so nice coming down from our 4:30 CT sunsets!

ABQ

I get that the package hasn't been released yet, but since I have never booked a Dinner package before, my question is where would we book said Dinner Package? But I appreciate your sarcasm. :)
Go through a mock reservation for Fantasmic! dining. I believe it's under "other dining experiences" or some similar nonsense name. It should be a similar process once the RoL dining packages hit the street.

culturenthrills

I could see 9,10,11 showtimes during the summer months with the park closing at 11. I am guessing the final show of the night will always be at park close or at least within 15 to 30 minutes after like Fantasmic does sometimes.

Cesar R M

You would look in your crystal ball that reveals the future.
zJg0IPt.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom