New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Cesar R M

I get that the package hasn't been released yet, but since I have never booked a Dinner package before, my question is where would we book said Dinner Package? But I appreciate your sarcasm. :)
in the main website.
They are listed as attractions (the dinner and dessert reservations)
in the android APP you can make them "reservations" directly on the dinning section.
Note that you do not need to pay with the app or credit card when you get to the restaurant.
I paid AFTER dinning in cash with no issue.

The dinning packages are usually tied to the first show (in the fantasmic case).

TTA94

I get that the package hasn't been released yet, but since I have never booked a Dinner package before, my question is where would we book said Dinner Package? But I appreciate your sarcasm. :)

When Disney announces the dinning packages I'm sure they will post the link.

Bolt

I could see 9,10,11 showtimes during the summer months with the park closing at 11. I am guessing the final show of the night will always be at park close or at least within 15 to 30 minutes after like Fantasmic does sometimes.
Loading and unloading 5000 people with a show takes longer than an hour.

TTA94

So about the ToL... Are the leaves really going to light up brightly and change colors? Or basically that tiny laser effect they did during Harambe nights? I feel they exaggerated a lot in the concept art.

wdizneew

hmmmmm......where have I seen this before?
Rivers-of-Light_Full_27172.jpg

oh yeah....Jurassic World lol
jurassic-world-super-bowl-01.jpg

Joking aside, I think the theater looks pretty good. It is definitely growing on me. Can't wait to see the show in person!

NelsonRD

Some people's distain for anything Disney does.

Its not disdain (I corrected your spelling), its criticism. One thing I always enjoyed about a Disney performance was the 'behind the scenes' remained well, behind the scenes. Maybe there are plans to obstruct these items, but to me, is as poor as the light post in the new hub. Disney used to hide speakers in lamp posts, etc.. Hence my post of appearing to not even try anymore.

flyerjab

That's funny because I find the theming in this theater - as with the rest of Africa and Asia - to be absolute top notch level theming. The lighting and speakers have been exceptionally handled on the Asia side. The Finding Nemo theater side is also themed to that side of the park. WDI didn't see it as breaking theme on that side of the theater to have more exposed lighting and speakers that are of a brighter color. That side of the theater is not in the Asia section of the park as it is on the other side of the bridge. And as far as the Asian side, there are indeed lighting rigs that have been hidden.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

Its not disdain (I corrected your spelling), its criticism. One thing I always enjoyed about a Disney performance was the 'behind the scenes' remained well, behind the scenes. Maybe there are plans to obstruct these items, but to me, is as poor as the light post in the new hub. Disney used to hide speakers in lamp posts, etc.. Hence my post of appearing to not even try anymore.

Don't go up to Fantasmic then. ;-)

I think its a case of theming where it is needed. If you are seated in an amphitheatre you expect that you need speakers to hear the show. You can't put theatrical lighting into a themed box, the light won't come out through the wood. If you put a box on top of the pole with the lights on an elvator then you ruin someones view as there is a great big box in their way. The lighting is probably less distracting. Where they can it is built into the showbuildings, but in other parts there are no buildings.

But generally some things aren't worth worrying about.

yellowrocket

Loading and unloading 5000 people with a show takes longer than an hour.
That depends on who is doing the loading/unloading and if the structure(s) were built for it. During Opryland USA's heyday, 4,400 people were loaded into and out of the Grand Ole Opry House in 15 minutes.

Cesar R M

That depends on who is doing the loading/unloading and if the structure(s) were built for it. During Opryland USA's heyday, 4,400 people were loaded into and out of the Grand Ole Opry House in 15 minutes.
agree, and condiering you have 2 separate amphitheaters-seating areas.. you wont get the same bottleneck as Fantasmic.
2 sides can be loaded at same time from different areas (one from ASIA, the other from DINOLAND), plus multiple entries for each row.. Shouldn't be a problem (other that some people will obviously miss the first shows thanks to crowding).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom