New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

insaneshadow

hmmmmm......where have I seen this before?
Rivers-of-Light_Full_27172.jpg

oh yeah....Jurassic World lol
jurassic-world-super-bowl-01.jpg

Joking aside, I think the theater looks pretty good. It is definitely growing on me. Can't wait to see the show in person!

Point me in the direction of the cute assistant. I'll make sure she's safe!

JohnWD

Its not disdain (I corrected your spelling), its criticism. One thing I always enjoyed about a Disney performance was the 'behind the scenes' remained well, behind the scenes. Maybe there are plans to obstruct these items, but to me, is as poor as the light post in the new hub. Disney used to hide speakers in lamp posts, etc.. Hence my post of appearing to not even try anymore.
I agree that it would be nice if they weren't visible, but I think you (and I) are asking for something not possible. In the hub, the whole complaint was that the poles were not telescoping out of the ground, so they were viewable when not in use, not that they shouldn't exist. Look at the size of the speakers - how can they be hidden in anything? Bigger lamp posts (that should also be hidden?)? Unfortunately, the laws of physics dictates size and weight in order to produce distortion free audio at the level required. Seeing their are multiple speaker locations, it shows that Disney is not blasting from a central site, but instead has the level tuned for the audience to enjoy the sound no matter where we sit. It looks well designed to me. BTW - wouldn't there be infrastructure visible in a outdoor theater in Asia or Africa?

glvsav37

there are metal risers around the perimeter of a lake and people are complaining about a speaker or light post? At that point, I can accept the fact that it is a theater and can excuse a random speaker.

I love the fact that imagineering goes above the norm for hiding and stylizing things to make them match as best they can, but sometimes it just is what it is. Take a walk through a Six Flags and see how little they try.

NelsonRD

I agree that it would be nice if they weren't visible, but I think you (and I) are asking for something not possible. In the hub, the whole complaint was that the poles were not telescoping out of the ground, so they were viewable when not in use, not that they shouldn't exist. Look at the size of the speakers - how can they be hidden in anything? Bigger lamp posts (that should also be hidden?)? Unfortunately, the laws of physics dictates size and weight in order to produce distortion free audio at the level required. Seeing their are multiple speaker locations, it shows that Disney is not blasting from a central site, but instead has the level tuned for the audience to enjoy the sound no matter where we sit. It looks well designed to me. BTW - wouldn't there be infrastructure visible in a outdoor theater in Asia or Africa?

I disagree, using a little engineering and ingenuity can find a solution. I am reserving further comment until this is complete, but initially this just appears to simply be the easy way out. This is not a challenging environment to produce audio. I am not suggesting a huge line array, just suggesting another way to disguise it a little better. And claiming this is accurate representation to Asia or Africa, is humorous as I do not think there are any laser lights, fiber optic, fountain projected, animatronic, computer synchronized, entertainment over there either. I guess everybody is just so happy AK is getting some nighttime entertainment they are willing to overlook poor show elements that would have been completely unacceptable years ago.

NelsonRD

there are metal risers around the perimeter of a lake and people are complaining about a speaker or light post? At that point, I can accept the fact that it is a theater and can excuse a random speaker.

I love the fact that imagineering goes above the norm for hiding and stylizing things to make them match as best they can, but sometimes it just is what it is. Take a walk through a Six Flags and see how little they try.

That is just it, Disney is not 6 Flags, and the fact that it can be compared to that, and suggesting that is not AS BAD as the speakers you can see there, should be an embarrassment to Disney.

peter11435

That is just it, Disney is not 6 Flags, and the fact that it can be compared to that, and suggesting that is not AS BAD as the speakers you can see there, should be an embarrassment to Disney.
I'm curious, what are your thoughts on the speakers around world showcase lagoon?

note2001

Have you ever heard of sea world
Seriously though, I guarantee there will be a number of kids who see the stands around the water and think Jurassic world and start bawling in fear.

Quick! Where's the mickey balloons? No balloons, it's AK.
Look junior, it's a ride! Let's go on Dinosaur! <More screaming> OK, no dinos...
Everest!! It's safe... <More screaming>
Bug's life...<More screaming>

flyerjab

I disagree, using a little engineering and ingenuity can find a solution. I am reserving further comment until this is complete, but initially this just appears to simply be the easy way out. This is not a challenging environment to produce audio. I am not suggesting a huge line array, just suggesting another way to disguise it a little better. And claiming this is accurate representation to Asia or Africa, is humorous as I do not think there are any laser lights, fiber optic, fountain projected, animatronic, computer synchronized, entertainment over there either. I guess everybody is just so happy AK is getting some nighttime entertainment they are willing to overlook poor show elements that would have been completely unacceptable years ago.

Nope. The fact is a fair number of people just don't agree with your viewpoint that this contains poor show elements.

And your last assumption about people just being satisfied because we are getting night time entertainment is also incorrect, at least on my part. I think this theater is incredible IMHO. You do not. And you not liking it is fine as it is your opinion. But don't tell me I am easily satisfied because of receiving some extra night time show. That is in no way an accurate statement.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Nope. The fact is a fair number of people just don't agree with your viewpoint that this contains poor show elements.

And your last assumption about people just being satisfied because we are getting night time entertainment is also incorrect, at least on my part. I think this theater is incredible IMHO. You do not. And you not liking it is fine as it is your opinion. But don't tell me I am easily satisfied because of receiving some extra night time show. That is in no way an accurate statement.

I would say this is easily going to be their most impressive theater...if you want to call it a theater.

peter11435

On the whole quite well hidden. Simple but effective.

If I were to be asked. Not answering for anyone else of course.

I realize that we are all very used to them and accept them. However I think it's a stretch to call them quite well hidden. Aside from some of them having world showcase logo banners on the sides, they are untheamed generic metal poles with visible speakers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom