New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

TTA94

Are those search lights? It's strange why they are away from the viewing area at the one end? Unless they will be installing more?

doctornick

That's not to say there is no "stand-by". You can stand anywhere around Discovery Bay and get some semblance of a view, but the viewing areas under construction, as far as I know, will be entirely pre-reserved to prevent hoards of people converging there. You'll notice the walkways have not been widened very much.

I don't care if the designed viewing area is pre-reserved but I'm pretty concerned that there will not be sufficient other space for viewing among folks without reservations. There should be enough space to be able to given the guests in the park a chance to see it.

Cesar R M

I was at DAK today and saw the globe lights... I'm just confused why they decided to just place them there rather than install telescoping lighting towers like WoC has? Would have looked better...
it could be hilarious if they added telescopic fake plants.
aka the plants standup when the lamps not in use, and "drop" when the lamps are ready to use.

hpyhnt 1000

It seems that the team in Florida doesn't know how to install telescoping light rigs. :hilarious:

These show lights at AK aren't nearly as bad as the new light poles at MK, though.

Ironically, Florida does (or at least did) know how to do telescoping/hidden lighting and sound rigs quite well. Off the top of my head, all of Main Street USA has rooftop retractable show lighting and DHS even has retractable speakers along Hollywood Blvd. And Epcot's World Showcase is a smorgasbord of retractable and telescoping rigs.

TTA94

I wonder if the 5 flower shaped barges we saw in the concept will be stationary, set up prior to the show like the barges in Illuminations? Or will they be moving barges that will be moved out from backstage during the show like Fantasmic?

So much mystery to this show lol. No way of catching any testing either.

note2001

I wonder if the 5 flower shaped barges we saw in the concept will be stationary, set up prior to the show like the barges in Illuminations? Or will they be moving barges that will be moved out from backstage during the show like Fantasmic?

So much mystery to this show lol. No way of catching any testing either.
We need to slip a monkey a $5 to grab some night shots of the testing for us.

Little Green Men

SIAP, they now have viewing 'windows' through the scrim on the bridge that connects E:E to Nemo.
I took a few pictures from there the other day.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

cspencer96

They're pretty much exactly like the ones at Fantasmic. The only complaint I can see is they are in an area that guests will see all day, but they did use a rather muted color for the poles.

I personally have no problem with them.
They aren't very muted in color in person. Nowhere near go-away green, which would have been nice. They are quite bright, and I couldn't take my eyes off of them looking across the lake. They are rough, and I really hope they get some sense and re-paint them.

Disney Analyst

Much better than the Fantasmic lighting, which sticks out like a sore thumb:
hmd-fantasmic-filling-up.jpg

Of course people's biggest beef with these lights will obviously be seeing them during the daytime in the park and how much they will stand out.

That's exactly the difference... The Fantasmic lights are only seen when waiting for Fantasmic to start, in a purpose built, theatrical, unthemed amphitheatre.

Animal Kingdom is a brilliantly themed park, with gorgeous aesthetics in the general region of where the show will now be taking place. Here's hoping they'll find a way to mask the light globes during the day, and have them uncovered before the show during crew prep.

Look at Disneyland's Fantasmic, they do a brilliant job on the Island of hiding all the speakers and projectors and stuff, which are then uncovered during crew pre-show prep.

Throw some hollow fake rocks over those suckers, take a boat out and uncover them before the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom